R Smith

Inactive User
Reaction score
trying to write a ROM 10 Rev16 card in ROM studio. It when I click Write button it ask for log in BDO password. What is password?

Can you dump the existing card image? if so the backdoor key "0" is on line C040.
Nagra 3 is better to write rom10's.

To dump card image:

Dump card image in XNCS 1.8
File/Settings all switches selected except Ghost must be in eeprom
Read dumped image make a note of the Backdoor 0 key

Sorry to but in, but I have one of these too... read everywhere about XNCS settings etc. but when I dump the card and goto eeprom data, I only get one line of data C000.....Progger is infinity USB set to phoenix... and XP.
Any ideas?

If it's only showing that XNCS has not read the card.
I guess you already know this but frequency should be set to 3.68mhz
I dont have an Infinity but I have read it uses a Virtual Comm port which seems to give some folks problems, is it perhaps a communications thing?.
I use a Dynamite which has a hard wired comm connection and on the odd occasions I have a problem I run it on an old 98se laptop (seems to suit XNCS better).

Yes, set to 3.68 and it is the infinity with USB + com port connection so no need for VCP software... I'll try upstairs on 98SE....
My infinity does everything else perfectly ....

Hey PHAT U da man :)
works 100% on win98SE!
Just got my rom10 out the waste bin having tried for days.XNCS read it and dumped all the eeprom so I got C040. Into nagra, put the code in and off it went.
Cheers. :)

Sorry to but in but sometimes you have to go into nagraedits properties and set it to work in 98/me compatability mode.
Just right click on your nagraedit, go to properties/compatability and set it to 98/me mode.
If nothing else it's worth a try.

AtmelAce said:
Hey PHAT U da man :)
works 100% on win98SE!
Just got my rom10 out the waste bin having tried for days.XNCS read it and dumped all the eeprom so I got C040. Into nagra, put the code in and off it went.
Cheers. :)

Glad it worked for you M8 :)

@billyk (no slagging intended) what you say is probably OK for most software but I find on occassions there is no substitute for running unusual software like XNCS on a native system it was written for.

_Phat_ said:
Glad it worked for you M8 :)

@billyk (no slagging intended) what you say is probably OK for most software but I find on occassions there is no substitute for running unusual software like XNCS on a native system it was written for.

Have to back you up on tha one Phat. I've popped more Moscs successfuly on 98se/me than on any other os. The next time you have to rebuild partition your drive and build a dual boot OS, that way you'll never have to walk to another room again.

on that note... i did reformat my comp a few weeks ago and made a partition and installed win98se for unlocking cards as I have also read that it was easier to run some of the progs on win98, but cant get win explorer to work on the effing thing anyone any ideas?

Ps the error message said something about DAO or somefink.

Back