Locking adult channels..

T67

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right,I had asked in here in a thread if anyone knew how to lock the adult channels kinda the same method as the dbox..And I know you could lock them in a bouqet(Adult) etc but still showed and you could view them in the Service file bit(all channels-red)
anyway incase you werent aware you can lock these channels in the main bit by pressing ok to list all channels etc,go to the channel u want locked,then press the menu button,scroll down to lock and hit ok,then the lock icon appears next to that channel,then just do so for every other Adult channel thats in the main service file:eater: If after this you want the hidden,then after locking them go to parental setup and select the hide locked channels and now they wont show at all..HTH
this is of course after you have entered you pin etc through the parental bit..
Now if this has been said before then G,just delete it m8..
Hope it makes some sense and hasnt been said before..

So by pressing OK then RED, highlighting the channel, pressing MENU then lock channel, you are actually locking the channel and not locking the bouquet.

This solves the problem of locking the bouquet, but the channel is still active in the All Services list. But if the box is rebooted, is the channel still locked or does it become unlocked again?

Well figured out m8. It pays to persevere with things!

Right, I just went through it and the adult channel bouqet needs to be locked also as when unlocked,and you go to the main page through the service you are unable to lock it,as the option doesnt show up,so you NEED to lock both bouqet and channel for this to happen...Hope that makes sense...
G,I dont know if I picked you up wrong in what you say above but it DOES lock the channel in the all Sevice file m8,if you do what I mentioned above m8..Just create a folder for all adult channels then pin lock that folder,channels for adult will still appear in the All Service file,but you go to the channel you want then press,menu the go to lock and that lcoks the channel from viweing..Is that more clearer guys??
Reboot,the channels are also still locked too:eater:

Last edited:
Now unplug your box and plug it back in...hey presto...all channells unlocked...this is using the latest digital world 1.6 image.

i dont want to use the neutrino 0.9b on friends because if they delete channels from the bouquets all the services dissapear but with the digital worldz image i cant keep channels locked after reboot...caveats for both images....what other images can i use that are good ? that will successfully keep the bouquet locked after reboot and wont delete all services after messing with the bouet editer ?

The majority of images are either neutrino or enigma based. You've got PLi images...there's a Helenite one in the downloads. You've also got Nabilo images which have a lot in them and are very good. But they are enigma based and probably have the same problem.

so a Pli image..like flubber is not enigma based ?...only other option is to wait on the updated neutino 0.9b and hope cyrogenic has fixed that bug.

hmm or u could sign up to the Dreambox school

learn how images .etc work and make ur own patch or even modify ur own image

????

so a Pli image..like flubber is not enigma based ?...only other option is to wait on the updated neutino 0.9b and hope cyrogenic has fixed that bug.

No m8...they are enigma based, that's what I said! Most images are enigma based but with a different skin over the top.

hmm or u could sign up to the Dreambox school

learn how images .etc work and make ur own patch or even modify ur own image

????

Yes...a good idea..i know a little of it...but does it also teach linux ? correct me if i am wrong you have to have linux to compile images ? and if you have linux then you need to know how to use it ?

Obviously it's not going to tell you how to use the whole of linux but yes, linux is required and linux commands are required to make and compile the images. But everything you need to know to compile an image is there. :)

ive del locked and hid but iff you reeboot it all comes back or even if i rescan.
so really you shoudnt turn your box off from ther main switch then?

ive del locked and hid but iff you reeboot it all comes back or even if i rescan.
so really you shoudnt turn your box off from ther main switch then?

Yes you should turn your box off at the mains every night, in fact you should turn all your mains switches off at night for 2 reasons....avoiding a potential fire hazard and secondly its good for the enviroment and your pocket ;)

Obviously it's not going to tell you how to use the whole of linux but yes, linux is required and linux commands are required to make and compile the images. But everything you need to know to compile an image is there. :)

If i find a little spare time i might just get myself a linux partition when i next reformat and delve in...but quite honestly, if the creator of the image cant fix it then i dont really stand a cat in hells chance do i ?.

Now unplug your box and plug it back in...hey presto...all channells unlocked...this is using the latest digital world 1.6 image.
I just stumbled across this post and sense a bit of sarcasm there...Are you telling me that the channels dont lock after you unplug from the wall? Cause mines certainly still are locked...Explain

enigma only saves it's settings when it exits, so you need to go to
the shutdown menu and reboot the box after you lock the channels.

obwan

I just stumbled across this post and sense a bit of sarcasm there...Are you telling me that the channels dont lock after you unplug from the wall? Cause mines certainly still are locked...Explain

Did you read the WHOLE thread ? and are you using DW1.6.5 if so then yes...when i have finished watching the TV for the night i switch the tv off then switch everything off at the wall...for safetys sake, so when i start up in the morning all channels are unlocked...i will however try the idea below by obwan..but on top of that, this post is quite old and i am currently using cryos unfinished polished image which is cream but i also like enigma.

enigma only saves it's settings when it exits, so you need to go to
the shutdown menu and reboot the box after you lock the channels.

obwan

I am certainly going to give that a try and be sure to get back with some more of my lowest form of wit ;)

Back