locked on tune 4001 box

foxybabe

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i got a box and its locked on tune net id is***** i also have a 4010 which works fine so cant see no problem in feed any idea's thnx.

try holding the up button on the box till it says boot or the down one, its worked for me, hope it helps

i dont understand what you mean bigadstu i got tune on box and sorry to interupt your viewing on screen what buttons do i press

any idea's anyone to how i can get the net id back it should be 00019 but i have *****

Remove card
Go to the eng menu
Check u have right defalt freq
then check ur signal strength it the db on downstream page
this should be 22db+

signal quality not reported it says i got the freq right cause i checked it up with my other box

i dont even have a ip address or even a subnet mask on the status monitoring page i got no matched symbol rate at feq no signal on feq scan

im in a nthel area and my feq is 811.000 ive manage to set that in but cant set the net id i hope i dont do what someone else did get angry and smash it up lol

Hi,

What bigbadstu means is cut power to the stb hold the channel - and power up the stb still holding the button to see if it boots up O K.

If your pure nthell maybe worth pulling the red jumper? also check the solder on the Cim/Rf feed (the can that the cablefeed is screwed to) some times the joint to the circuit board becomes damaged.

it boots up ok i get eng menu i took out the red jummper so to check the feed do i have to unscrew the can to check the circuit board?

hi what i have found is on the can where the feed goes it there is a black wire which goes from can feed to the tv can the cable has come lose in fact its come off could that be my problem to why im stuck in tune? the wire seems to be like a pin so ive plugged it back in but still no luck im a lady and im not good at opening boxes and getting my hands in a tangle jimmy has spent days on end and showed me how to do my card, i hope there is an easy way to this problem.

thnx those's pix's look interesting im just finding it hard to open the can up lol im breaking my nails ouch!!!

remove any splitters ect and connect the box directly to the feed that comes into the house. you may have a fault on your cable arrangement (although this is unlikely)!! otherwise you will be left with the stuck in tune guide and looking around your upstream tuner curcuit.

what splitters i have connected the wire into its feed my other box doesnt have a problem that works fine its the 4001 that is giving me problems getting into the eng menu is no problem but i guess there is a shortage to where the main feed connects to the box ,im getting tired now.

it is entirely possible for a splitter to be faulty on a single output
it is also entirely possible for the splitter to be reducing you available signal below 16db (the minimum required for a 4001 to obtain a netid)
your other box is a 4010 and this only looks for a netid when it is first installed a 4001 looks everytime it is power up.
also the threshold for 4010 is 25db downstream and the 4001 is 27db.

bottom line your 4001 is older, slower and not as well made as the 4010.
bit like myslef really LOL.
by all means ignore my assistance as i said it would be a long shot and most likely you have a hardware fault.

thnx TBC i will leave it as i dont no as much and wont be going into the box might cause damage opening things up that i havent done before thnx all.

Back