lock pc

ben600249

Inactive User
Reaction score
heres one for you i have just grounded my son for getting in trouble at school for not listening etc, so i have told him no pc for two weeks but and heres the BUT my pc is always on downloading ans uploading, is there a way i can lock my pc when i walk away with a password or program many thanks for your help

Is it Xp mate? Just click Start>Log off and switch user. If you have a password on your account all your downloads and uploads will keep running.

If he has an account just delete it or change his password.

Thats the easiest and quickest way i can think off and it saves downloading programs.

pc access

Hi there,
or you could use this handy little 1mb application will lock the pc at the click of a mouse from any screen , password protected. It will also tell you if any attempts to gain access have been made.
Also can be configured to prevent shutdown or startup of system

Marty

Another easy way without downloading any utilities full of spyware.....

Set a screensaver to go 1min after no activity, set the screensaver to 'password protected'

You will need to enter a password to get the screensaver off.

Remember to turn guest accounts off and set a password on the administrator account, because no amount of software can stop someone switching the PC off at the wall!

You could even go as far as to set a password on the BIOS or HDD (both should be options within the BIOS settings). Just don't forget the password!!!

Remember to turn guest accounts off and set a password on the administrator account, because no amount of software can stop someone switching the PC off at the wall!

You could even go as far as to set a password on the BIOS or HDD (both should be options within the BIOS settings). Just don't forget the password!!!

even if u go that far

u can get back into the bios by a master password or resetting the bios!

and hdd password

well heres a little quick note 4 u

if u flash the firmware on a password protected hdd there is a side effect and that is it erases the password!

so yes i still would be able to get in the computer

and even if u got a password on admin acount u can use the default / master password!

or use a boot disk like a linux 1 and then delete / change the password in the registery

so its not hard if u look around and use a hackers best friend = google!

but then again depends on the kid and how much he knows about computer and operating systems .etc

lol

even if u go that far

u can get back into the bios by a master password or resetting the bios!

and hdd password

well heres a little quick note 4 u

if u flash the firmware on a password protected hdd there is a side effect and that is it erases the password!

so yes i still would be able to get in the computer

and even if u got a password on admin acount u can use the default / master password!

or use a boot disk like a linux 1 and then delete / change the password in the registery

so its not hard if u look around and use a hackers best friend = google!

but then again depends on the kid and how much he knows about computer and operating systems .etc

lol

He wont be able to get on google because hes banned for 2 weeks!

Unless he goes on a friends PC to look for a method bit i doubt he will find one unless he finds this thread lol

Simplest answer - use Windows Key & L

You'll need to have the password to open the locked screen.

Good advice from others though.

If your son's smart a re-start will allow him access to log on, you can stop this by disabling his account, start, run, lusrmgr.msc open users right click on his account choose properties and disable. Reverse this to enable, nothing will be lost etc.

CHeers Keith.

You'll need to have the password to open the locked screen.

Good advice from others though.

If your son's smart a re-start will allow him access to log on, you can stop this by disabling his account, start, run, lusrmgr.msc open users right click on his account choose properties and disable. Reverse this to enable, nothing will be lost etc.

CHeers Keith.

lol again back to my post

u can still reset the admin password or take it off

so if he's smart enough he will get back in

i know because i got into my secondary school computers a few years back and we couldn't do nothing

we couldn't even see the C: drive

but i noticed if u go through microsoft paint u can access it

so i copyed a short cut to cmd from C: to me file area

and from there ran a few things got into registry and deleted the admin password

got into computers loaded a few games onto network file server and put a few passwords and random files there 2

nearly got kicked out

and now at college its a very similar system but for the net they filter us through a hardware proxy

but they got more than 3

1 for students = restricted like hell

1 for staff = restricted like student but not as bad

1 dedicated for remote login / repair .etc and totally unrestricted

so i use firefox in rusian to change the proxy to default direct connect wich hooks me up with the dedicated connection

they disabled internet options from explorer

so its not that hard if u use google wisely

like i did...................lmao

Back