loads of boxes on ebay

S

scrivs9

hi
noticed loads of cable boxes on ebay, just wonder whether the software updates and vod doing them in .

scrivs9 said:
hi
noticed loads of cable boxes on ebay, just wonder whether the software updates and vod doing them in .

I thought that myself m8 ..... lol

Best stick to sammy's at the moment I think?

fatblerk said:
I thought that myself m8 ..... lol
Best stick to sammy's at the moment I think?

How does that help?

He never posted that they were pace boxes (only cable boxes) and what makes you think that a sammy will overcome VOD?

intel131 said:
How does that help?
He never posted that they were pace boxes (only cable boxes) and what makes you think that a sammy will overcome VOD?

Never mind VOD m8, thats going to feck us all up no matter what box you've got ........ It's the software updates that killing some of the older boxes and I would suspect is going to lead to quite a few dodgy 'untested, sold as seen' bargains to be had on ebay?

Agreed you can come across older boxes that will give you problems on an update (like the 1000 or even 2000), but they are not all like that and there are probably more 4000 boxes out there then Sammys and most of these dont have a problem if the caps / resistors anit been touched doing a no update mod.

No matter what people are going to get stung using Ebay, but its the way of the world.

cr4 has forced me to get rid of my di1000 (c&w cr1) - removed the no-update, upgraded it to cr3.2 and it works fine. Couldn't be bothered to lift the amtels. So someone in an ex-c&w area gets a good deal. But of course I bet there will be some right dodgy one's available where people have f***ed the amtels and most of the di2000 don't have cards.

Agreed that people will get stung, so comunicate with the seller before bidding (a mate bought a 4000n and it's dead - seller says it worked when he shipped - bet it did!)

what is it with the 4001 with the rf filter bypass updating and the older 4001's just sticking on pace . seen 3 boxes do this now all previously working ok before .

is this true copes are monitoring ebay to sell or buy boxes.

R Smith said:
is this true copes are monitoring ebay to sell or buy boxes.

Make your own mind up,it takes 3 days for them to visit a house burglary,yet they can monitor +-bay for boxes,complete bolx.

Back