Loading a new Image

rutters

DW Member ++
Reaction score
I have a DM500s with a gemini image on it however when using the blue button it doesn't show the latest cams. So I was hoping that loading a new image might help.

Firstly could anyone recommend an image?

AND

Secondly does anyone know of a tutorial for loading a new image over the top of another?

cheers

This is what I use to load Cable images:

Dreambox Easy Flash Enigma .IMG files.

Check Dreambox IP in settings Press (Menu button then scroll to two cogs icon)
Start Flash FXP
Setup new connection using the IP from above.
Login:
Username: root
Password: dreambox

Rename your new image file to backup.img
FTP the file to the /tmp folder on the Dreambox (not /var/tmp)
Close Flash FXP
Open a command prompt: (In Windows XP) Press START > RUN > cmd
In command window type “Telnet 192.168.X.XXX” <= your Dreambox IP address
Password: dreambox
(Alternate method to above:
Press START > RUN > Telnet <ip address> i.e. “Telnet 192.168.1.101”
A command prompt will open up
Password: dreambox)

Copy and paste the following command

cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

The image will then be erased and the new one flashed, you will see a countdown ticker in the command prompt window telling how much is erased wait till it is finished and the message “connection to host lost” before you turn off the Dreambox otherwise you will “brick” it.
The box will reboot with your new image when done.

WHOOOAAHH!! slow down

what software to need?..and which image file? what do you mean by CABLE images?

cheers

Flash FXP is FTP (File transfer Protocol) software (to upload files to your box)
Telnet is a windows prog
My guide is for putting a new image on the 500C which is the cable variant of your box.
As to what image the choice is yours :)

Rutters the image is down to choice & preference really. You will get lots of people on here that recommend Nabilo because they are familiar with using those images for cable. Cable refers to 'cable television' as in cables laid underground and not the use of a satellite dish. I'd say more Satellite only users will likely recommend Pli and some will still say Gemini, or Nabilo, or you'll get various others too.
Pli is simple and stable, and it has good support for downloads with the blue button, but its only my view. You need to try some different ones to decide what you like the look of and what you find best suited to your needs.

So if the image is just the way it looks then I might as well stick with Gemini which is on now?

I think my problem remains loading the latest cam although I may need a more recent version of the image...HELP!!!

Back