LNB Signals on an Amstrad Sky+HD Box

The Mackem

Member ++
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this box has a powersaving mode for the lnb's? I have checked the signal a couple of times and when I have only lnb input 2 was showing strength/ quality. Thinking it was a connection problem I swapped the cables round on the back of the box, still no signal on lnb feed 1, but still a signal on lnb 2. Rebooted the box by powering down then back up. Signals on both lnb feeds. Having checked elsewhere I know some of the HD boxes power saving but I cannot find out if my Amstrad box does, I've only had it a week so just wanted to check.

Thanks.
Rob.

Does anyone know if this box has a powersaving mode for the lnb's? I have checked the signal a couple of times and when I have only lnb input 2 was showing strength/ quality. Thinking it was a connection problem I swapped the cables round on the back of the box, still no signal on lnb feed 1, but still a signal on lnb 2. Rebooted the box by powering down then back up. Signals on both lnb feeds. Having checked elsewhere I know some of the HD boxes power saving but I cannot find out if my Amstrad box does, I've only had it a week so just wanted to check.

Thanks.
Rob.
its in the setting i think to have lnb 1 on or off same as lnb 2

press services 0 0 1 select, and one of the options there (cant think which one) has single feed mode, make sure this is off. you can easily check if its on, press tv guide, and if you cant see anytime tv, then its in single feed mode

if its not in single feed mode, then the tuner capacitors have popped and need replacing, which is a royal pain in the arse job

Back