LNB position?

daochi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Couple of LNB questions which could be valid in both the fixed and motorised forums, but I'll not cross post.

.Just got a TM1500 Super and have tested it out before deciding where to fix a mount/motor. Cracking little box, great picture quality btw.

I've got a Titanium 0.2 dB LNB which has a long 'neck'. Should the LNB be pushed forward, backward or positioned mid-way in the collar - how crucial is the focal length of offset dishes - will I lose much signal strength by not having the position spot-on. Living in the wilds of Scotland with hail, rain & snow a daily (well .. almost) feature I want to maximise whatever signal I can get.

Anyone out there got any views?

Thanks

dc :Cheers:

the only way to maximise your signal with the lnb is to move it backwards and forwards a little bit each time and find the best spot for your setup there is no standard setup as all dishes are different and will have different results
im affraid its trial and error you wont get that much of an increase but it could mean the difference between seeing a channel clear rather than one that breaks up. twisting the lnb in the holder also makes a difference

goodluck

faz

LNB query

Thanks Faz .... that's a lot of walking I've got to do then :(

.... or buy one of those little gizmos that squawks in your ear : shocked2

I was going to leave the LNB 'vertical' as it is on a motorised mount, so there's little point me maximising the skew on a single satellite

:Cheers:

dc

get amate up the ladder and have him ajust it while you watch the signal meter on the tv lol

yes you could leave it vertical but if you are struggling on one sat you can max the signal on that.

i have motorised setup but on 5east afew years ago i was haveing probs with the ticket film channels so i set the skew up on sirius and it sorted it out.

faz

Back