Liverpool...

It's a fekkin embarrassment...not just getting beat by Blackpool but the whole sh1te that is going on in the background.

I never even watched it...and thats not like me.

Don't worry jaffa, it will come good you just need time.

I do not think its fair on hodgeson what is going on behind his back with the yanks, money, team all talking shite.

I think you need to sell on torres now while he is still worth 70 million - maybe.

Sell torres and buy 5 good players that will fight for your team mate, you seem to have allot of players that want some kind of iconic status.

PS we got beat today too, I heard we played quite well but lacked the killer instinct... guess there is some things for us all to think about.

Mickie

I do not think its fair on hodgeson what is going on behind his back with the yanks, money, team all talking shite.

I think you need to sell on torres now while he is still worth 70 million - maybe.

Sell torres and buy 5 good players that will fight for your team mate, you seem to have allot of players that want some kind of iconic status.

PS we got beat today too, I heard we played quite well but lacked the killer instinct... guess there is some things for us all to think about.

Mickie
i think part of the problem is hodgeson

liverpool at the moment lack confidence
so what does hodgeson do??

he states publicly that we wont win the league

now wont that fill u with confidence

lets put it this way
do u ever see fergy ever say united wont win anything??
no and they can be playing shite but he never pulls the team down

to give ur team confidence you have to be with them encoridge them
not pull them down as he has done
the great shankly never done that
he used to pull the oposing team down saying how crap they where and how frightened they where to play us
and when liverpool won he would say you have just beat the best team in the world

there arnt that many manager who can man manage the team nowa days

battle between mccarthy, hodgson & mcleish for the sack

cant believe hodgson left fulham for liverpool when liverppol were no better than fulham last season

same could be said when sparky left blackburn for man city

it is all about the wonga

Dave, I agree with the confidence thing.

Its got to come from the top! Positive Mental Attitude! But not until after the 24th ;)

If their league position is the same or similar come January then Gerrard & Torres will want away (They'll probably sign for a mid table club like Stoke ;)) Joke!

Nah, its bad news for Liverpool! **** me their up and coming encounter with Everton must be the first relegation battle between both clubs ever?

I've a soft spot for Liverpool and hope they'll see it through, if they don't and clubs like Man City can endure debts of 121 million then English football is finished.

Mickie

Well....time is something managers do't get nowdays, if Hodgson cant motivate the players for the next match (Mersey derby) then I dont know what will happen, Moyes will almost certainly have his team fighting for every ball.

I think the problem with Rafa and Hodgson is...they were/are toooooo fekkin cautious, even at home. We started playing in 2nd half but why not from 1st whistle, why wait until you are 2 down, it's not Istanbul. I hate all this cagey sh1te at home...go for the throat, thats what I say.

I wouldnt like to sell Torres, even for 70 million, common sense may say sell but we need the best players and 70 million wouldnt buy them.

Get the Yanks out and get this club back on track.

The last time I felt as bad watching Liverpool was when Souness was Manager. :(

Its easy to shoot down the manager when its going bad but I think FURGIE, WENGER, ANCELOTTI, ETC would all struggle with the problems you have off field!!

I think the owners are sucking the money from your team, they gave you false hope with a new stadium, they said they would poor money into the team... and to be fair under raffa they gave quite allot of money but now they just want to rape the funds.

And the quote about man city and chelski will be well seen in 2012 when the legislation comes into force about teams not spending more than they make.

I cant wait I want that rule tomorrow - I wonder how many chavs and city fans want it like everyone else lmao rofl ;)

Mickie

It's a fekkin embarrassment...not just getting beat by Blackpool but the whole sh1te that is going on in the background.

I never even watched it...and thats not like me.

Same here.

It seems that the players are waiting for something to happen.

And the quote about man city and chelski will be well seen in 2012 when the legislation comes into force about teams not spending more than they make.

To be honest I'm not sure if that's good news or what! I wasn't aware of such legislation, it's good in the sence that the big spenders like Man City will be limited and must stay within a budget, however it then comes down to marketing! Chelsea & Man Utd have that sewn up so will be able to depend on funds worldwide, I fear clubs that are not so appealing to the wider audience will suffer?

I'm not so sure any EPL club is profitable at the moment? A lot depends on league position!

Post 2012 will it be win or relegation or win or bust? I think the latter is more likely for clubs that depend on finishing top 6!

I can right see Liverpool going the way Leeds United went with the way things are for them at the moment, I know it's easy for someone to look at a big team struggling and say 'leeds v2.0 see ya later' but the writing is on the wall for Liverpool football club - team's lost confidence and ability, key players not performing, manager not gelling with the players, bad luck, injuries will come into it, shady goings on with the finances and faceless board members looking to pass the blame when things go off the deep end. Unless Liverpool can turn it around fast I can't see Torres staying beyond January. Gerrard may stick it out for another season without Champion's League football and fight for the club but 1 or 2 quality players cannot save an entire football club from the drop you ask any Leeds or West Ham fan. Looks like Joe Cole will have 2 relegations on his CV with the way things are looking for Liverpool right now.

Man U fans must be loving it, Leeds went down and Liverpool look as though they might be going the same route but either way struggling at the bottom of the league....but I hope Liverpool don't get relegated, the Premier League was/is a miles better league with teams like Liverpool, Leeds and Newcastle in it. Look at the Prem now half of the teams I still associate as Championship teams really. Yet the Championship is full of teams I still associate as Premiership teams. Liverpool can right easily be the next in a long line if they don't sort it out but it's easier said than done. Hopefully they'll be alright though, as I said the Premiership is better by having teams of Liverpool's stature in it.

however it then comes down to marketing! Chelsea & Man Utd have that sewn up so will be able to depend on funds worldwide!

Man utd have made it that way, you cannot argue with success.

Also they are not so rich anymore they make money but cover there wages now carefully, I mean when was there last 35 million signing.

They also have something like a billion debt... this is not how football should be run!!!

PS chelski lose 140 million every season they can market as much as they like until they sell on the players that are on 180 grand a week they will never be able to make the grade.

And on that note they will also become weaker because they cannot afford to buy whoever they want any more!

Had chelski not got bought buy a sugar daddy they would not be where they are today, now city would never be in second place and looking very strong.

Its not fair on all the teams that work hard to find players and struggle to pay the wages.

If there was a billionaire at every club you would have wages of 6 million a game so they could out bid each other as money is no object, its a farce.

We should be like france and germany where you cannot spend more than you earn, of course there will be top teams that earn more... but it will be fair because they have made it there right to earn more with success on and off the field!

If (big if) man utd fell from grace and lost everything due to debts it would be a massive blow to football and in my opinion it would be the fault of the FA not man u - because they should not allow the league to be like this.

If wenger decided fook it lets get ourselves in a billion debt and buy players and pay them stupid money like everyone else, and we started winning things - would that make it right.

I do not think so... I will take 3-5th place knowing we have a sound future and come 2012 there wont be many teams that will be able to operate like arsenal will. 56 million arsenal profited last season - more than any club in the world.

Mickie

If wenger decided fook it lets get ourselves in a billion debt and buy players and pay them stupid money like everyone else, and we started winning things - would that make it right.

I do not think so... I will take 3-5th place knowing we have a sound future and come 2012 there wont be many teams that will be able to operate like arsenal will. 56 million arsenal profited last season - more than any club in the world.

Mickie

Vaild point Mickie and I agree, in fact Arsenal have proved that by not paying over the odds for a goal keeper!

I say good on them for not being held to ransom! I think they valued Schwarzer at 2 million and Fulham wanted 4 miliion.

Well lol thats one position I wont agree with wenger on, he does not pay over the odds for players and rightly so but that department has needed looking at for 4 years... but he still continues to put the clowns in goal.

We want players he wont buy them, the board love him though... so we have to fight the point that we are really well off lol ;)

But I also think that a billion debt vs success is only gambled by a madman!!!

Mickie

Back