Liverpool Thread

Disappointed with the way the penalty was awarded yesterday.
Whilst I would have wanted a penalty if it had happened to one of our players, they are not always given.
Because of how long it took Danny Welbeck to fall over and even suggest that there had been contact is worrying.
I think it is only a matter of time before Man U are awarded another penalty after the final whistle because Fernandes fell over in the dressing room.
My biggest concern was the disallowed goal for Mo Salah assumed to be offside.
Because of how inaccurate the system is, they are only guessing that he was offside, and I don't think he was.

I definitely don’t think the technology they are using for the offside is advanced or clear enough imo.
I also think when they are viewing fouls in slow motion they always look a lot worse than they do in real time.
I would like see straight red for diving to, as I think this would make players less likely to go to ground imo.

Well when I see penalties being awarded I always think of Man u, I am sure that most people do.

Funnily enough It was actually mentioned on one of the games on Match on the day last week. I definitely do🙄

Funny that when there are 3 other teams with the same amount of penalties including your beloved Liverpool and one other team actually has 8!

Sorry but the penalty yesterday was farcical. It was never a penalty, wellbeck took 2 steps then fell down. Horrendous decision by the referee and he should be dropped from the PL matches for it.

Sorry but the penalty yesterday was farcical. It was never a penalty, wellbeck took 2 steps then fell down. Horrendous decision by the referee and he should be dropped from the PL matches for it.

I wouldn't deny a lot of them have been ridiculous but I'm still not sure what relevance it has to the amount, or lack thereof, of penalties that Utd get?

Funny that when there are 3 other teams with the same amount of penalties including your beloved Liverpool and one other team actually has 8!

Man U got 22 penalties last year.
The Premier League were thinking of changing the name of a Penalty to a ManU

You do a lot of that living in the past thing?

Go back further so and see who had more penalties given in previous years.

I wouldn't deny a lot of them have been ridiculous but I'm still not sure what relevance it has to the amount, or lack thereof, of penalties that Utd get?

I never mentioned Utd?!? There was no inferrence of them in the post. I was merely stating that the penalty given was incredulous, and shouldn't have stood.

Back