Liverpool Thread

Surely you can only beat who is in front of you? Ill be honest gasman, this does sound like pure sour grapes.
True that, but then harping on and on and on about like it"s some kind of giant achievement is simply laughable.
It was actually poor old langers who posted that Liverpool beat champions in finals after winning 3-4 games against utter utter shite, like it was a greater achievement than playing through absolutely top club sides to even reach final, only to then play one of the most expensive clubs sides ever assembled and one of Bayern Munichs better teams. All this whilst his club who finished 3rd to qualify waited to play the side who finished 4th 😂 Talk about zero self awareness.
Speaking of self awareness, it was his club side Liverpool, who thwarted all of Britains club sides in European football by getting the entire lot of us banned from all competitions. Hamstrung us for almost a decade. It was United and such who had to crawl the quotas back up from nothing to get us the places to qualify again. Self awareness of a breezeblock

Another unsatisfactory pre season result
I just hope that they are ready to go when the season begins.
We havent signed anyone of note and whilst that doesnt bother me too much as it will give the current team more time to gel.
A stellar signing would certainly help us.
I would take Zaha or dybala for 5 0 mill or Bale Pepe for 70 mill.

Agreed although they didn't play some key players - Salah, Maine etc and the team was switched quite regularly. I think the charity shield may be an indication of the season to come but who knows...….

Pre-season means nothing. Look at Utd, they've won all their games, doubt they'll make an impact on the PL though. Pre-season is about getting fitness back, letting some of the youngsters play and see how they do. Also Liverpool have fielded 2 teams each game, so that should give some indication.

Our defence is looking shite.
I read something on a different forum that kind of makes sense.

This failure of linesmen to flag for offside.
Usually the player is offside the linesman flags play stops we restart just inside our own half, and our midfield and attackers are well inside opposition half.
Now the player is offside the linesman doesnt flag, the whole team drops back deep into our half.
If they dont score and we regain the ball, we are deep in our half, and have to build from there.
If they score the liner puts flag up, we restart when the opposition are all in the best defensive positions.

The biggest danger is a player injures himself stretching to block/intercept a ball after play should have been stopped.
The FA EUFA and FIFA need to sort this out.

I thought that we were tremendous yesterday for about 80 minutes.
The sooner we can make that 95 minutes the better.
I hope Man City dont get VARred this afternoon lol

You haven't won the league yet fella. We will bounce back. 😉

Dont Worry Miggy I still think that you will finish in the top 4
But probably wont be in the Champions League for being naughty
Incidentally I actually think that FFP is bullox

I think Liverpool loosing last night was a good thing for the team psychologically given the fact realistically we should qualify from the group (hopefully I don't have to eat my words) and it will hopefully take the pressure off the not losing a game in the prem. Also the fact the Chelsea to55ers lost means they wont have the upper hand this weekend.

Back