Liverpool Thread

According to Sky Sports commentator Peter Drury, who was privy to conversations between the referee and VAR, Attwell adjudged Dokuā€™s challenge to have been in a ā€œreasonableā€ position.

Ultimately, then, it was not deemed to be a high boot from the Man City winger, even though Mac Allister would likely have the stud marks to show otherwise.

Former referee Mike Dean, who now works for Sky Sports, flip-flopped on the decision as usual.

At first Dean claimed he ā€œwouldnā€™t be surprised if Stuart sent [Michael Oliver] to the screenā€ to make his own judgment on the decision.

But with the check completed in a matter of seconds, he backtracked, saying: ā€œHeā€™s obviously played the ball first and followed through, Iā€™m guessing normal coming together.

ā€œHeā€™s very, very fortunate there in my opinion, Doku.ā€

What do you guys reckon about today's game? Just looked like we didn't want to win it - did really well to get the possession then too many passes to walk it into the net. Fair play to United - they wont win it but at least the fans can be proud of today's result.

Annoyingly I wish I knew but he was holidaying down here this week - only up the road in a restaurant. Would have been amazing to bump in to him I think he's a great chap (sometimes a little eccentric)

A group of Liverpool fans have been awarded compensation by Uefa after claiming they were injured or left with psychological trauma in chaotic scenes at the 2022 Champions League final.

Uefa were found to bear "primary responsibility" for what almost led to a "mass fatality catastrophe" in Paris.

Fans were penned in and sprayed with tear gas outside the Stade de France as kick-off was delayed by 36 minutes.
On Friday, Uefa said it had agreed "a full and final settlement" with fans.

The agreement relates to Liverpool supporters - previous reported as a total of 1,450 claimants - who were represented in a lawsuit by global law company Pogust Goodhead and Liverpool law firm Bingham Long.

Both Uefa and the legal teams said the amount of compensation received by the fans would remain confidential. The supporters had "accepted" and "welcomed" the offer, said their legal firms.

Liverpool played Real Madrid in May 2022 for the prize of being crowned European champions. Many Reds fans spoke of long queues in the hours leading up to the game, which Liverpool went on to lose 1-0, and a heavy-handed police response to the build-up of supporters unable to enter the Stade de France.

Fans were tear-gassed by police, while also being attacked and robbed by local people allowed to congregate nearby.

Read HERE

Got the big computer out earlier and made some calculations - my predictions for the end of the season are:

Liverpool - 17 - 87
Arsenal - 16 - 84
Man City - 15 - 82

Arsenal will get 16 points from the remaining games, city 15 and Liverpool 17 finishing points wise as above. Lets see.......

Back