Liverpool Football Club

jawbreaker

Inactive User
Reaction score
FORGET BRAWL AND BEAT BARCA
David Maddock in Barcelona 21/02/2007
More Football

RAFAEL BENITEZ has backed his beleaguered squad to repair their tarnished reputation after they apologised for their late-night revelry on a training camp in Portugal.

The Liverpool manager broke his silence over the incidents on the Algarve at the end of last week which tarnished the club's glittering reputation.

While the Spanish coach offered a distinct lack of support to disgraced striker Craig Bellamy, he praised the rest of his squad for holding their hands up and accepting blame for their misdemeanours.

AdvertisementBenitez revealed that those guilty of breaking a club curfew had apologised and agreed to the fines he imposed. He said: "Of course we will do something about it, and the players have said they must be fined.

"They have apologised and agreed they will accept everything - for me that is the perfect response.

"The atmosphere is still really good and mentally we are ready. I am happy with the reaction from the players and the atmosphere is perfect.

"We had problems on the last night, but I was surprised how quickly they accepted everything. They understand the situation, they understand how important this game is for us."

Benitez believes passionately that his side will produce the perfect performance to put everything behind them after their drunken escapades on the Algarve.WE WILL SEE TONIGHT.

Still, the odds for Liverpool winning the cup is 25-1 and Chelsea still favs at 4-1. Gutted that this is the only competition we have a chance of winning seeing that we were knocked out of the other cups :(

still reckon real will win with beckham scring the winner in the final in the 89th min

The odds of 25/1 for Liverpool to win the Euro Cup will be greatly reduced when we go through to the Quarter Finals. Liverpool are very difficult to beat over two legs.....get on now at 25/1.

Back