LiteOn

woodchin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just opened a 360 and it has a Philips LiteOn drive.
Anyone know if these can be be done yet????

Woody

dont think so m8 but i could be wrong no doubt someone wil give me a slapping if im wrong :proud:

Is this a brand new machine mate??

AFAIK they are only coming in machines that have been repaired by MS, sad to report that there is no hack for these yet.

Maybe we'll both get slapped!

Who said *I* was correct?!

lol

:Dunce:

my box has been giving me 3 red lights but its working again at the minutes have the paper work here to send it back to be repaired .. starting to think twice now if there putting these in .. my mates came back last month with a benq in

Yup, retail and repairs now.

Wont be hacked for a long time.

thats a pain ...lol .. lucky its still working on and off ,,, will have to wait till it dies and see wot i get

my bro had his back for a rrod repair, on the paper work it said they changed the m/board, but when I opened it the lite on was there grrrr

as of late i have sent back a few xbox's and they have been coming back with there own drives or some diffrent touch wood i have not had any liteons back in the past few times

from what i have heard if the lot number is above 0811 or 0812 then it is more than likely a lite on drive it is the new standard and a bit of a pig

There's no fooking flash chip on these, the drive controller is swamped in silicon gunk so it looks like all the goodies are stored in there, why else would they protect it?

Of course it is, its also an MediaTek chipset (same as Samsung / BenQ)

It doesnt appear to be writeable though, so we are (going on current methods of attack) pretty much screwed

I have now found LiteOn's in Argos & Game as well as Repairs by MS.

They are in different boxes saying go play- dont actually buy one for fucks sake!

Sorry, that came out a bit harsh

If the box says go play - dont buy it.

mp3boy said:
the arcade says "go play" (the newer benq arcades also have this)
the premium says "go pro"
the elite says "go big"

If we cant read the key off the Drive, can we read the key off the Motherboard for the drive and then spoof another drive.?

Back