LiteOn LVW5006 DVD Recorder. NOW £99

Reddevil

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Silver.

DVD video, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, video CD, super video CD, audio CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3 CD and JPEG picture CD playback compatible.

'All write' technology - DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-R and CD-RW recording capability.

Dolby digital sound.

5.1 digital theatre system (DTS) compatible (separate AV receiver and speaker set required).

Supports region 2 coding.

2 channel stereo output.

2 SCART sockets.

1 SCART lead supplied.

Remote control (2 x AAA batteries supplied).

230v AC mains operation.

Size (H)6.6, (W)42, (D)26.8cm.

Weight 2.8kg.

1 year manufacturers guarantee

Here they are

Thanks mate hope to get one tomorrow do you know if it is region free and how its done
Thanks

no idea m8, but im sure someone will let you know.

Go into 'Setup'
Move the cursor to 'Exit'
Press 2 9 6 0
Set the region you want or region free

what a nice mod you are....see told yah.

now let me write that down...cheers rat

Does this recorder have an in-built tv tuner?

Does it work just like a vcr?

reddevil said:
no m8, the £199 model does, and yes it has a tv tuner built in.

Thanks Red - sounds like a really good deal.

I was wanting to get one with a hard drive but they are still a bit dear and the technology is changing so quick. £99.99 is cheap enough to buy something 'for the time being'.

What media would you recommend to use with it?

:) :)

I use the cheapest dvd-r or dvd+r disks m8, they record fine, you get a free dvd-rw with it too....very nice recorder for the money.

Thanks again Red. I think I'm gonna' buy one - pretty irresistible!

:) :)

Just a note to anyone who's looking at buying one of these dvd recorders. I've had one for about eight months now and they are pretty good. One slight problem with mine is that the machine is very noisy, particularly when playing back DVD's. I have mine in a cabinet and close the door so don't suffer too much but it is worth considering. Also regarding the disks the machine plays. I've had best results with DVD+RW's and generally the better quality ones provide the best results. If a disk fails to work with the machine then generally the first you'll know about it is when you come to play back the recording and can't find it at all on the disk, rather than problems accessing parts of the recording so it is a little annoying. Best disks I've found are Maxell DVD+RW which were 2 for 1 at my local Wilkensons a little while back - not sure if their still available but worth a look.

If you want an alternative
Alba RDVD1002 DVD recorder £79.99 @ argos

mine is as quiet as a mouse, you may have got the odd one in the bunch

Bought it yesterday setup in about 1/2 hour all sing all dancing ...well good for the price

Hi,

For anyone interested, ASDA is selling the Cyberhome 1600 DVD recorder and DivX player for only about £68 (used to be £58, but now £68...)

Cheers !

reddevil said:
mine is as quiet as a mouse, you may have got the odd one in the bunch

Yeh that would be about right!! [Self-pity mode off]

Mine was a very early one, so they may have got on top of the noise issue (or mine might be a one-off as you said). It has been excellent in day-to-day usage so if it's quieter than mine then I would recommend it

iant said:
Yeh that would be about right!! [Self-pity mode off]

Mine was a very early one, so they may have got on top of the noise issue (or mine might be a one-off as you said). It has been excellent in day-to-day usage so if it's quieter than mine then I would recommend it

Mine is also noisy and one of the very early batches. It cost me £200. TBH I have only used it for recording about 3 times. It's ok but there are much better ones around now. LiteOn drives are very fussy when it comes to backups too. Stuff skips and freezes on my LiteOn but play fine on my £30 Goodmans. ??

There are some pretty cheap DivX and Xvid players around now too, which save all of that converting to DVD time!!

Back