Lion and Tiger hybrid (Liger)..

ukbob

VIP Old Codger
VIP Member
Reaction score
It's massive,it looks nice....but is it right to mess with nature?

h**p://www.snotr.com/video/1136

It's massive,it looks nice....but is it right to mess

Nothing new about ligers ukbob, they've occurred naturally in the wild and were documented first in the early 19th century.

Is a mule messing with nature? That's a cross between a horse and a donkey.

Big buggers though, aren't they?

Nothing new about ligers ukbob, they've occurred naturally in the wild and were documented first in the early 19th century.

Is a mule messing with nature? That's a cross between a horse and a donkey.

Big buggers though, aren't they?

I never knew that nara,first i've heard of them
it does say this one was captive bred though,hence the messing with nature comment...

I never knew that nara,first i've heard of them
it does say this one was captive bred though,hence the messing with nature comment...

I doubt if most people have heard of them, and that video is the first time I've ever seen one.

First time I've ever seen one, head & neck look absolutely massive. Easy to see how these magicians / tamers / keepers occasionally get mauled by big cats, not much of a chance against them if they're angry. Thanks for the link.
HH.

Edit; WooHoo I'm a DW Top Poster (500)

yh been about years, if its the video im thinking of he sure is a big boy.

Yeah I've heard about those before. Showed the kids a picture of one a few years back and they thought it was cute!!!!

Male Lion is mated to a Female Tiger = Liger

Male Tiger is mated to a Female lion = Tigon

Liger's develop a form of gigantism and that is why they are so big but Tigon's are pretty regular size.

Here is a tigon:

nathaniel2.jpg

Wow reminds of what I thought was a fictional character in Napoleon Dynamite.

Awesome!

Hadnt heard about em for AGES

Ligers & Tions ....... wow.... remember being told about em wen i was a kid..... completely forgot...... nice post...

and Munkey....... excellent name and avatar

ahhh..da..da...da...da..da...da..da (when Tripitaka does the hurty head thingy :proud:) dunno if spelt the name right tho

Both things brought a smile to my face today tho..... thanks :Cheers:

and Munkey....... excellent name and avatar

I'm liking Nara's Avvy better though.

A fitting tribute to one of DW's best loved posters.
Sadly no longer with us as his nurse sadly neglected to increase his medication & he was alowed to post unsupervised.

We can only hope that Care in the Community manages to nurse him back to full health so that he can rejoin civilised society again in the near future :)

I'm liking Nara's Avvy better though.

A fitting tribute to one of DW's best loved posters.
Sadly no longer with us as his nurse sadly neglected to increase his medication & he was alowed to post unsupervised.

We can only hope that Care in the Community manages to nurse him back to full health so that he can rejoin civilised society again in the near future :)

Ne chance mate, this is the best avvy on the world wide web, you've been drinking the purple tin during the day again LOL

..it's big. but dosn't look like it'll run very fast. i think it's ugly

Back