Routers Linksys WRT54G

@ketmp,
as it atm, the VM hub is the sole provider of the broadband and internet into the property. And no, it is NOT set to modem mode. But i thought that if I tried to use the dd-wrt router connected to the win xp pc via ethernet cable, and the wireless adapter disabled, to access the VM hub, it should connect to it like it did before. but as I said before, it seems to go through all the proccess when powered up, you can even see the dd-wrt wireless network on scanning the networks, but just won't connect to the internet, no matter what.

I assume that you have an ethernet cable going from one of the four network outputs on the back of the VM Superhub to the Internet port on your Linksys router?
Also, don't bother messing with VM Superhub in modem mode, unless you have no use for it's own built in wireless abilities, as the Superhub has a standard web interface of 192.168.0.1 and DD-WRT has a standard web interface of 192.168.1.1 (after successful reset), i.e. they shouldn't interfere with each others DHCP requests, etc..
Good luck ;)

Sorry had a busy few days and didnt get a chance to look at the files you provided.

So it looks like your default gateway is 194.254.251.100 as nmap flagged this as possibly open.

Also it looks like your device has layer3 connectivity when it should not since it can reach google.com

I would advise you check can you reach the router on the IP i mentioned and if not reset the router and use a Private IP address range when configuring it.

PS sorry if someone already mentioned the above I didn't get a chance to read all responses since

@Grimeire,
thanks for that, but i am fixed in the buisiness atm, so as soon as i get a chance i will try out yours and other suggestions and see whrer that goes. please stay tuned.
thanks for the patience and great help

I would put VM router in modem mode and then reset dd-wrt back to factory defaults. This would then guarantee neither vm router or dd-wrt router would/could use potentially same IP subnet range which would cause issues if neither were done.

Back