linksys wirless 2.4GHz help on set up

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Ive got my hands on a linskys wirless router but i have no software disk ive just bought a belking for £40 aswell so im gonna set the linksys up and take the belking back to the shop do i just set this up in the network connections has anyone got any tips for is please : multi :

Ive got my hands on a linskys wirless router but i have no software disk ive just bought a belking for £40 aswell so im gonna set the linksys up and take the belking back to the shop do i just set this up in the network connections has anyone got any tips for is please : multi :

Here you go m8, you can download all the software/drivers from this link, dont forget to reset your router first though.

http://tinyurl.com/353t3t

Boycie

Ive tried the config link all I got was a firmware upgrade screen with a browser bar on it so I thought the router needed some new firmware so I downloaded the latest firmware for the router which is a wrt54GS v5.1 ok so I then went back to config link and used the browser bar and updated the router with the firmware says upgrade sucsessfull.

I then tried too go back to the config link hoping the config page ( password ) box etc would show but I just keep getting the firmware upgrade page.

any ideas Ive looked for the easy install wizard in news groups but everyone ive asked just says u use the config page

ok i found the easy install wizard but it says the default password has been changed tried resetting the router but no good also tried admin for the password no good I cant find out the password because it was left in a rented property any ideas.

Last edited:
Ive tried the config link all I got was a firmware upgrade screen with a browser bar on it so I thought the router needed some new firmware so I downloaded the latest firmware for the router which is a wrt54GS v5.1 ok so I then went back to config link and used the browser bar and updated the router with the firmware says upgrade sucsessfull.

I then tried too go back to the config link hoping the config page ( password ) box etc would show but I just keep getting the firmware upgrade page.

any ideas Ive looked for the easy install wizard in news groups but everyone ive asked just says u use the config page

ok i found the easy install wizard but it says the default password has been changed tried resetting the router but no good also tried admin for the password no good I cant find out the password because it was left in a rented property any ideas.

Whay the model number?

Back