Limo driver stole my stepsons booze!!

digicol

Inactive User
Reaction score
North East England, but nowhere near Dutcho!!! Ba
It was my partners elder sons prom night tonight. And to keep this thread in perspective he is a 100% sensible lad who is well respected, not a chav in any way.

Anyway to cut a long story short his teacher told him he could take some booze to the hall as long as it is kept discreet. We got him a small bottle of vodka to add to his drinks over the night. I have bought him drink in the past and he has left most of it so I know he is not a piss head, lol.

Anyway when the got in the limo his friend had a bottle of cider, the driver told her she could not have that in the car. It was closed, never been opened, so I wonder why not? It has naff all to do with the driver as long as it stays closed. Anyway this girls mother was watching them off so she took it back, but my point is he then went on to search the rest of them and took all of their drink from them.

He can't do this!! This is surely against the law, it is theft. I was a taxi driver for 6 years and it is not against the law for 16/17 year olds to be in the vehicle with closed alcohol!! What is against the law is for any driver to confiscate any possessions of any passenger no matter who or what it is.

What I want to know are limos any different? Considering the drinks were closed and never opened as they had not even left the car park where they were being collected!!! I want to know what this cheeky fucker does with the drink? I personally spent £5 out of my own pocket for my own stepson to have a small drink on his prom night, which when they got there it was only their limo that had been done over by this so called limo driver!!! Every other fucker at the prom had a good night, this bastard spoilt their night!!! And overall it was me who he is stealing from! as I paid for it and gave him my authority to take it!!!

Believe me I will be finding out who he is in the morning as it was the mother of the girl with the cider who booked it so she will have their number!!

I am fuming!!!

It is perfectly fine for under-age people to drink in limo's, the driver for my 'prom' eplained to us why it was allowed, but I can't remember the reasons he gave. There was a decanter of whiskey, brandy and vodka in the back and we made full use of that facility! The police stopped us while we were driving through town and I remember offering them a drink, but they politely declined!

Name and shame the company!

A sensible person would have put the booze in the boot until they get there and either:
  • Ring the parents and ask if it's ok they have it
  • Give it them back

If I remember right, limo's fall under the PSV/PCV category and under the new laws drinking alcohol is not permitted, however the bottled was closed. Being a PSV holder myself I think I would have held onto it and given it back when they got off as you really can't trust kids to follow your requests, you know you son is a polite young man who would behave but the driver dosent.
As to the driver searching the kids I agree with that because if he got stopped the police would have taken action against the driver as he/she is responsible for the vehicle and all its contents.
I know this was a rant but put yourself in the drivers place and just think how many times have you said the kids of today have no respect.
I think that driver was just protecting his livelyhood.

if the driver "searched" the kids ,did he touch them at all??? if so he could technicly be charged with assault. i dont think he has any legal right to conduct a search, if in doubt he should have called either the parents or the police. i would check with a solicitor on that point.

see at the end of the night did the lad enjoy his prom?

and was the driver half cut?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

if the driver "searched" the kids ,did he touch them at all??? if so he could technicly be charged with assault. i dont think he has any legal right to conduct a search, if in doubt he should have called either the parents or the police. i would check with a solicitor on that point.

Are you having a laugh? The kids got illegal alcohol in the back of his limo and your trying to be a cock and get the driver done with assault?

You should probably apply your sense in America, you'd be a millionaire.

Last edited:
Are you having a laugh? The kids got illegal alcohol in the back of his limo and your trying to be a cock and get the driver done with assault?

You should probably apply your sense in America, you'd be a millionaire.

since when was vodka illegal???? your sentence doesnt make sense?????

since when was vodka illegal???? your sentence doesnt make sense?????

Hes underage and has alcohol is what i meant im sure you understood that tho. To start making shite up about getting the driver done with assault if a fucking joke.

Hats off to the driver of the Limo. I wouldn't be happy driving a bunch of pissed up teenagers either.

Maybe not giving back the alchohol was not the right thing, but maybe the driver wasn't quite sure how the law works for kids on this, whether you agree with the mans judgement or not you must respect it as you effectively left the kids in his care.

Do him for assault, don't be an arse. Its that kind of attitude that now means that many men are scared to interact with other peoples kids for fear of being accused of innappropriate behaviour.

Hats off to the driver of the Limo. I wouldn't be happy driving a bunch of pissed up teenagers either.

Maybe not giving back the alchohol was not the right thing, but maybe the driver wasn't quite sure how the law works for kids on this, whether you agree with the mans judgement or not you must respect it as you effectively left the kids in his care.

Do him for assault, don't be an arse. Its that kind of attitude that now means that many men are scared to interact with other peoples kids for fear of being accused of innappropriate behaviour.

Well said m8 :Clap:

Agreed, I did security for a number of years and was a handcuff carrier.. we could do many things, searching people were NOT one of them.... under any circs

If he physiclly searched them then he has not only broken the law but also laws under the protection of childrens act. It does also consitute assult.

Id contact the poilce myself mate. Regardless of what people think if they should of had it or not, bottles were closed thus allowed to be transported in that way...

Litigation culture stikes again.

I think if we all saw the story "limousine driver charged with assault for confiscating alcohol from underage children" in another section we would all be shouting that the man done right and that the PC brigade had gone mad.

Bloody hypocrisy.

Agreed, I did security for a number of years and was a handcuff carrier.. we could do many things, searching people were NOT one of them.... under any circs

If he physiclly searched them then he has not only broken the law but also laws under the protection of childrens act. It does also consitute assult.

Id contact the poilce myself mate. Regardless of what people think if they should of had it or not, bottles were closed thus allowed to be transported in that way...

So when i get searched just before i go into a club in Glasgow are they breaking the law? Considering its the clubs security whose searching me?

And by searched i mean pockets emptied and then patted down.

Last edited:
So when i get searched just before i go into a club in Glasgow are they breaking the law? Considering its the clubs security whose searching me?

No, Door men... are not shopping center security and have different powers. They need to search to prevent, drugs, weapons and other things into the premisis.... totally diff situation mate.

Litigation culture stikes again.

I think if we all saw the story "limousine driver charged with assault for confiscating alcohol from underage children" in another section we would all be shouting that the man done right and that the PC brigade had gone mad.

Bloody hypocrisy.

Not in the slightest, Id comment that if the driver was bothered he should of called either the parents or the police himself for them to conficate the drink... under no circs would i expect or accept a gloryfied taxi driver searching children... yes children, they arnt 18 yet.

No, Door men... are not shopping center security and have different powers. They need to search to prevent, drugs, weapons and other things into the premisis.... totally diff situation mate.

OK just checking coz the fuckers always take my chewing gum!

OK just checking coz the fuckers always take my chewing gum!

LOL chewing gum, hmm lol. odd one, if there new packs bet they use them lol !

Although i suppose could have drugs inside so easier to bin them than seach each pack :p might also be a no gum club ? ruins carpets lol

he should of called either the parents or the police himself for them to conficate the drink...

Next Forum Rant:
"DW member fuming after sons prom ruined. An over zelous limo driver called the police after he discovered that one of the boys had a small amount of alcohol"

IMO a certain amount of common sense was carried out for the good of everyone. Although in hindsight, after hearing claims of assault and so forth on here. I would have just kicked em out the car and drove off.

Back