Lil question about IFA

gravedigger

Inactive User
Reaction score
I flashed my mates dbox today as he was running a older version of sportster to the new pro version released by dee jay.

Any way i connected the null modem cable and ethernet lead and used IFA. All seemed good but it seemed stuck on IFA saying ppcboot or bein a newb i thought that was it as this was 10 mins later and actually thought it may of been complete.

anyway i rebooted the box and the flash seemed to of worked as it loaded kernel etc with new version. so next thing we did was did a system scan to try and find the channels but it only picked up 2 which were test channnels and that was on both settings with fast scan on and off.

My question is on IFA should i of waited for someting on the LCD on Dbox and IFA to say complete? and consequently it didnt flash preoperly hence the channels not being found.

Sportster 1.06 worked fine.

If not any 1 have Sportser 1.06 please or my mate wont be happy.

please reply.

Sounds like it was just a bad flash - use IFA again to do exactly the same as you did last time - the LCD will tell you when IFA is complete. If IFA still doesnt work, post your bootlog here and we'll take a look.

Liam

liamcrayden said:
Sounds like it was just a bad flash - use IFA again to do exactly the same as you did last time - the LCD will tell you when IFA is complete. If IFA still doesnt work, post your bootlog here and we'll take a look.

Liam

Really apreciate the reply. What kinda time levels are we looking at with IFA to flash and complete on a Nokia. Like i said in original post is was on ppcboot for about 10 mins and me being a newb thought it was complete but there was nothing on the lcd saying complete so im thinking probably i didnt wait long enough.

Im used to usb rather than null modem lead so will leave it until it says complete but was wondering what the genral time is of people flashing there boxes?

thanks again

Maybe 3 minutes for a nokia.
If IFA get no connection via null modem cable and you select with null modem cable, IFA wait for a reply on the serial connection and get nothing.

Back