Lidl Silvercrest Dvix dvd player £29.99

***Free 3 year manufacturer's warranty***

best sounding bit for considering its a cheap dvd player then the fact it's a divx player and everything else is a bonus, so it's probably the best bargain dvd player out there at the moment.

am gutted, after reading on here about this dvd player went to my local store 2day and there was 1 left so i bought it, bought it home unpacked it read manual plugged it in seemed to work fine till i put my 1gig mp3 player in then it frooze, so unplugged it from the mains as it would not respond to remote, then switched it back on put in a dvd worked fine then switched it off a little while l8er its refusing to come out of standby the little red light is the only response i get from trying to turn it on yet if i switch it off useing the power button on the front it works for awhile then freezes up completely. have tried it for the last hour sometimes works then decides to take the day off, so going back to store 2morra. ahhhhhhhhhhhh had 2 be me the got the last faulty one. :(

just been in store today we have 2 stores by the way and they had loads in both stores and got one

Last edited:
am gutted, after reading on here about this dvd player went to my local store 2day and there was 1 left so i bought it, bought it home unpacked it read manual plugged it in seemed to work fine till i put my 1gig mp3 player in then it frooze, so unplugged it from the mains as it would not respond to remote, then switched it back on put in a dvd worked fine then switched it off a little while l8er its refusing to come out of standby the little red light is the only response i get from trying to turn it on yet if i switch it off useing the power button on the front it works for awhile then freezes up completely. have tried it for the last hour sometimes works then decides to take the day off, so going back to store 2morra. ahhhhhhhhhhhh had 2 be me the got the last faulty one. :(

Reading the instructions i see it only takes upto a 500mb card. I would not have thought that would have fooked it... Maybe just a faulty on m8. Hope you get another

Reading the instructions i see it only takes upto a 500mb card. I would not have thought that would have fooked it... Maybe just a faulty on m8. Hope you get another

took it back, travelled to another store that had a few left, bought one all fine now :)

Managed to get one, well pleased,very nice player for the money.
As pmoore31 said it says in the book only reconises memory sticks upto 500 meg, but just put about a gig of mp3s on my 4 gig one and it works fine, shows all the mp3s and plays them no probs.

Derek

I got 1 yesterday seems ok and plugged in 2 gig stick worked fine but 40 gig mp3 player had unsupported usb.Ah well certainly wont work with my 500 gig ex. hard disk as planned.

I got 1 yesterday seems ok and plugged in 2 gig stick worked fine but 40 gig mp3 player had unsupported usb.Ah well certainly wont work with my 500 gig ex. hard disk as planned.

I have not come across a dvd player on the market what would see a 500 gig hard drive m8, as they all use fat32 and a limitation of the fat32 file system is it wont see anything larger than 137 gig, i use a 120 gig and its fine.
You can partition the drive and make the first partition say 130 gig and it would see that but not the other, a bit/lot of a waste of a 500 gig hd though.

Derek

Managed to get one, well pleased,very nice player for the money.
As pmoore31 said it says in the book only reconises memory sticks upto 500 meg, but just put about a gig of mp3s on my 4 gig one and it works fine, shows all the mp3s and plays them no probs.

Derek

Well done for confirming Derek. Waiting for my 4gb usb to be delivered:)

I like the fact that I can now put Lost, Dr Who etc on my USB stick and this player sees the avis. My last divx one, a sumvision sv1001 only saw mp3s on the stick. Oh yeah, nearly lost my ms pro duo, well, I didn't know it needed to be put in the adaptor first, lol.: shocked2

Back