liby

blanno

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi have got a Di4000 which I made a an interface to conect a R232 and I have a Di4001 which has a R232 conection at the back I am using LibDebug and both boxes report in received byte box "(a)AT(a)" I can't read any info or write any info any ideas would be welcome thanks

Sounds like the interface you made don't do the job properly to me, maybe because you have to plug into the scart socket? not the serial. why didn't you buy a scart to serial adapter like everyone else for this job? its only about a tenner.

Clive.

If my memory serves me right you need a "null modem cable" to connect between your box and pc if you want libdebug to work. Search on the web to find out what the pinouts are and you should get it to work

£10.00 not the prob m8 I read the tuts and took advise off senior members both told me the interface was the way, if my interface was wrong (which I admit is poss.) why doesn't the other box work with the built in RS232 conection, that is my question and search for advise. thanks anyway for your input

If my memory serves me right you need a "null modem cable" to connect between your box and pc if you want libdebug to work. Search on the web to find out what the pinouts are and you should get it to work

thanks I have a null modem conection I'll do a bit more reseach and explore more avenues perhaps we will all learn something at the end. which it's all about.

Here you go m8 , try this

Last edited:
hi have got a Di4000 which I made a an interface to conect a R232 and I have a Di4001 which has a R232 conection at the back

why doesn't the other box work with the built in RS232 conection, that is my question and search for advise. thanks anyway for your input

These boxes are meant for different areas, the 4001 is a Pure NTL box and the 4000 aint, thats why they dont both work in your area.

I dont use a null modem cable i use the scart to serial adaptor going to the serial cable going to the pc for the 4000 box for libby.

m8 I read the tuts and took advise off senior members both told me the interface was the way

Do you not think me a senior enough member to advise you mate? lol

Clive.

Last edited:
These boxes are meant for different areas, the 4001 is a Pure NTL box and the 4000 aint, thats why they dont both work in your area.

I dont use a null modem cable i use the scart to serial adaptor going to the serial cable going to the pc for the 4000 box for libby.

Do you not think me a senior enough member to advise you mate? lol

Clive.

sorry Clive not my intention to offend of course your advice is much apprieciated as is everones. I tried the scart to serial and I get nothing at all are there some settings in libby I should know about? and perhaps a stupid question but whats the diff between a null cable and a serial cable. Thanks again for your help

Blanno

Don't worrie mate you didn't offend me lol, i was just havin a laugh.

Basically the null cable has a couple of wires crossed over compared to the serial cable, just like a crossover ethernet cable compared to an ordinary ethernet cable for different comunication purposes thats putting it plainly.

With libby, the most common hic-ups are: you have to make sure the com port is set to the one your using ie com port 1 etc. and you have to select which box model you want to use before powering up the box (its a long time since i used libby on a 4000 box but you also have to make sure yo have the 4000 config file in libby also).
Lastly you may have to learn how to edit your config file in libby to your area but on the 4000 it not usually needed.

I don't know why you want to use libby because there might be an easier way to do what you want to do if you let us know what it is you are trying to do.
Many ppl now use the net id funcard method to set net id and pin now.

Also which area are you in? a Pure NTL area or what? as this too will make a diference as to which one of those boxes you will be able to use because they are made for different areas.

Hope this helps ya.

Clive.

I am using a 4000n in a pure area, changed the netid with the same interface diagrams as the one you have made.

sounds like the cable or config file

Have you edited the config files correctly.
remeber you need different config files for different models
I have included some just change the netid number.
use the one modded by ang and change the net id from 018 to whatever yours is m8.

Thanks Cracker and Clive Ithink the cable could be my prob which will explain a few probs I have been haveing like jtagging a sammy as well as libby prob will buy a new cable today and try again. let you know how I get on again thanks to all for youe input

sorry Clive not my intention to offend of course your advice is much apprieciated as is everones. I tried the scart to serial and I get nothing at all are there some settings in libby I should know about? and perhaps a stupid question but whats the diff between a null cable and a serial cable. Thanks again for your help

Blanno

your not connecting a null modem cable to your scart to serial interface are you m8????

another thing i should mention, "some 4000's just wont connect useing libby", {depends on the mainboard and the software its running on}

looks like m8 just bought a serial cable sure it'll all be sorted now thanks

If it still wont connect check on the lable on the bottom of your box and quote us the "partcode" number, as benny59 says it might not be possible on the later models.

Clive.

If it still wont connect check on the lable on the bottom of your box and quote us the "partcode" number, as benny59 says it might not be possible on the later models.

Clive.

tried two boxs - dI4000N PART CODE - 541-4409000

DI4001NC PART CODE 541-4807735
Tried ne serial cable, tried scart to RS232 nothing works at all on either box, really stumped, any ideas welcome thanks

Mmmm, which area are you in? your not Pure NTL are you?

The 4000n looks ok and if your near me i might be able to help you ;)
just PM me if your in Essex and want help ok.

What are you trying to do to it anyway?

Clive.

Back