Lets rant at the BiNMEN....!

CAROLANN

Inactive User
Reaction score
stupid idiot binmen wanting more money, bloody idiots, ive always known guys that are or have been binmen and they make great money for the type of job they do (which is sweet fookall).

They have even managed from years ago to get the government to force the public to have to take thier own wheelie bins out rather than them come and collect from the back garden etc, and also the householder has to retrieve the bin on thier own too from the street where'ever the bin may be left.

Few years back, well good few years ago it was different and should still be same way , the binmen would come get the bin, empty it and place it back at where they found it, thats the way it should be man, instead of that we have a fat fookin bunch of lazy fat fookin basstards that are robbing the council tax payer silly and sitting back doing no work at all, makes me mad man, stupid idiots think they are due more money too, hahashahahahha.

FOR FOOKIN WHAT ????? PRESSING A BUTTON THAT MAKES THE BIN LORRY EMPTY THE BIN ???

stupid wancers, and we are even more stupid wancers that accept this crap.

stupid idiot binmen wanting more money, bloody idiots, ive always known guys that are or have been binmen and they make great money for the type of job they do (which is sweet fookall).

They have even managed from years ago to get the government to force the public to have to take thier own wheelie bins out rather than them come and collect from the back garden etc, and also the householder has to retrieve the bin on thier own too from the street where'ever the bin may be left.

Few years back, well good few years ago it was different and should still be same way , the binmen would come get the bin, empty it and place it back at where they found it, thats the way it should be man, instead of that we have a fat fookin bunch of lazy fat fookin basstards that are robbing the council tax payer silly and sitting back doing no work at all, makes me mad man, stupid idiots think they are due more money too, hahashahahahha.

FOR FOOKIN WHAT ????? PRESSING A BUTTON THAT MAKES THE BIN LORRY EMPTY THE BIN ???

Wow. Couldn't agree with you less.

Though I would say that after every bin day, our front garden gets full of rubbish because they dont clean up after all the bin bags they manage to split.

my bin men don't spill rubbish from splitting bags because they simply wil not take bags full stop.... how ever they still manage to make a mess in the street from spillage.

imo bin men do not have a difficult job at all, given the average bin mans commitment to skills and training i would definately say they are well paid. But only to a point! afterall they have no prospect at bettering themselves through skill development and promotion do they? so instead they hold us the council tax payers to ransom tbh this seems indicative of many reasonably paid local government employees. I should add there internal pension arrangements are aways far better than the likes of me. there jobs are also largely secure in, short from where i am sitting they are wanting rather more than there fair share. the 1200 a year council tax that is extorted from me proves that lol.

tbc

I take it like lots of others that you are not getting your bins emptied this week due to strikes by local authority workers.

I have to agree that the work involved for bin men now is different from years ago. On the face of it they drag a bin from the roadside put it on the bin lift and press a button, along with walking up to 10 miles per day in all weathers.

The binmen years ago did not force the goverment to change to wheeled bins it was more like local authorities intrduced the change........by the way at a cost of hundreds of jobs as it now takes an average of three operatives per round (1 driver 2 walking) as opposed to 5 in the old days.

Also if you say the job is that easy and well paid why don't you do it?

Did you write something? Cant stop looking at your avatar! lol
:banana:

I am incredibly annoyed with the bin men at the moment. For over a year we have had no rubbish collection at all despite repeated calls and letters to the council. Due to the fact that we and our neighbours are the only two residential houses in an area full of offices, the council has told us it wouldnt be cost effective to send a rubbish collection to us - but charges us the same amount of council tax. As a result, we actually have to walk a few minutes up the road to a communal wheelie bin.

However, I think its unfair for me to be upset with the bin men - they are not making up this rule, rather it is the council. It is also the council that comes up with these ridiculous rules on what rubbish can be picked up, not the bin men. So I think I change my opinion to being very annoyed at the council for being inept at managing waste disposal on the whole - especially seeing as we generate more rubbish now than we did 20 years ago.

And as for striking, thats something I am completely opposed to.

I,ve watched them on the odd occasion - the ARE layy gits
I,ve seen them leave bins unemptied because the bins where a few yards further away from the main group (pointing and sniggering at the same time)
I,ve also seen them knock a bin over accidently then just fu*kin lean it there, crap all over the place

You do realise that this strike is not just the bin men, which by the way is ridiculous. Anybody with only a faint understanding of economics would realise that the worst thing you could do at the moment is increase pay because of high inflation (it will only exaccerbate the problem).

We don't have wheelie bins where I live (wish we did as the amount of litter would be greatly reduced).

All being said, I do think its a hard job, and if I compare the amount of work I do and get paid, I do think they are underpaid. That said, it comes out of my council tax and so on a sekfish note I think they should be kept the same.

It's not just binmen on strike, its a lot of council workers and tbh...I don't see why they should get more than the average pay rise, I also feel the affect of fuel and other rises but I had to settle for 2.7% pay rise. Some people may say that I should have fought for more but the money is just not there, firms are feeling the pinch too and if I had got less than the average then I would have fought them.

As for the binmen...I am sick of them missing lots of bins in our collection, every week someone in our area has has their bin missed out, its bad enough having a fortnightly collection (not binmens fault) but if they miss out your bin its another fortnight to the next collection unless you ring the council and complain repeatidly.

@stevemac40...around here it aint a hard job, trust me my m8 is a binman and has it real handy...his words. the worst is working in the cold and rain but hey...postmen/women do it too as do others.

Last edited:
The binmen where we live are quite good at their jobs. One of my mates has been a bin man all his life (he drives the wagons though, so he has the easy life.) ANyway they have always been very well paid, they even get Fridays off work where we live, yes they work a 4 day week!!!

But they do a good job and even take our 2 bins away even though we are not registered for 2 bins, so can't complain there.

But what I can complain about is this stupid strike!!! They get paid well enough, have an excellent pension and benefits package, work fantatstic hours etc. So when this Country is having a rough ride what do they do? Make it even rougher!!! This year 3% will be a decent rise for most companies due to the recession, so why should council workers differ? At the end of the day it will come out of our pockets so why should we suffer because of the greedy bastards?

All they are doing is making harder work for themsleves next week because people will leave bags out with their bins, and trust me the bin men will take them, either that or the area becomes a mess, so the council will have to sort it either way.

Oh and by the way, we are one of them who has been hit by this strike as our collection day is tomorrow. Ugh!!

My best m8 recently lost his wife to one of the bin men hows that he empties my pals bin then fills his wife lmao its not funny but it did bring a smirk to my face dirty cow lol :Clap:

Not sticking up for them but if i worked for the council i would definently be striking my wife works for he council and last 3 years they have had a wage rise which is less than inflation why should she just accept a wage rise less than inflation and effectivly we are gettin poorer every year so i got her to join the union this year and she is goin to stike. And dont get me started on this fortnightly pickup for bin my bins full evry week and thats with me recycling cans paper glass

Not sticking up for them but if i worked for the council i would definently be striking my wife works for he council and last 3 years they have had a wage rise which is less than inflation why should she just accept a wage rise less than inflation and effectivly we are gettin poorer every year so i got her to join the union this year and she is goin to stike. And dont get me started on this fortnightly pickup for bin my bins full evry week and thats with me recycling cans paper glass

Most people have had a wage rise less than inflation, why should your wife be any different. Thats becasue inflation is too high at the moment, inflation by the way is the most important economic variable (more important than unemployment, interest rates). If inflation is too high then it will only get worse by increasing peoples pay (thats how we cocked up in the past)

so if the bin men get their payrise, does that mean the country will go tits up?

Its not just bin men, its all government workers. And basically yes the country will go tits up (more so than it is already).

just a wee thought
i drive a truck, my average yep average weekly hours is about 60 , for that our average wage is in the 300 to 400 pound mark (divide that by 60)and no we dont sit on our arse all day ,it can be a phisyically demanding job.
i also have to pay for my training to get my licence ,pay for a medical, have a medical every 5 years and have to adhere to the most strictest rules within the e.u.
ontop of that if i commit a driving offence in my truck it also affects my car licence and vise versa
and even more
up and down the country there are special places that vosa can take us to check we are abiding with the law.
foreign driver gets no serious problems from them cos its to much hassel
so binmen drivers do get a resonable wage for what they do (yep i did it on agency)
don't forget if you have got it then odds on a truck bought it to you or your shop

Last edited:
just annoys me that if the handle faces the wrong way they leave the bin and also if its more than arms reach off they walk to the next one. i may aswell stick it in the truck sometimes

Back