lets hope we win the group or its prob going to be the old enemy in the 1st knockout

Thommo

Hates everyone equally!
Reaction score
Woodlands Cemetery,Scarborough overlooking the sea
just had a butchers at the calendar and i've seen winners of group c face 2nd in group d.

that means if we win the group we will face either austrailia, serbia or ghana (i think ze germans will win there/this group)

if we come second in our group it means we play the winners of group d and for me (although not confirmed as the games have not been played) that will be germany.

cant see them not coming first in there group so im punting they'll be winners of group d.

now i know its not 100% as its not a done deal BUT if the germans win there group and we dont come top then we will play them first knockout stage.

on the flip side lol if we come top and they come second in there group it will be the same result us vs the germans.

now i know we stuffed them before but id rather have an easier game in the 1st knockout stage as ive just got this image of penno's in my head.

not saying any of the other teams wouldnt beat us they could but id rather be facing austrailia serbia or ghana over the germans.

rob greens clanger could be the decider after all the games are played as to winning the group and possibly avoiding ze germans or coming second and having to face ze germans (based on me thinking they'll top there group)

till its done its done germany could flop and go home first stage but somehow i dont think so.

load of waffle i know but i had an itch to post it so i scratched it.

Re: lets hope we win the group or its prob going to be the old enemy in the 1st knock

I think the Serbs could well finish first they are a solid side don't know about the Germans don't look as strong as they once were but with our keeper being so genorous i'd worry if we were playing even the Aussies!

Re: lets hope we win the group or its prob going to be the old enemy in the 1st knock

The aussies beat us not so long back iirc lol.

Based on the chart and who i think will top the groups and which groups play which groups at the knockout stage if the form teams/big teams perform it will be a bra vs spn final or a eng vs spn if we can manage to hold it together, seems we have an easier run in than those in other groups.

Question is can we hold it together? (scots need not answer lol).

The aussies beat us not so long back iirc lol.

Based on the chart and who i think will top the groups and which groups play which groups at the knockout stage if the form teams/big teams perform it will be a bra vs spn final or a eng vs spn if we can manage to hold it together, seems we have an easier run in than those in other groups.

Question is can we hold it together? (scots need not answer lol).

For me if they are to do so then they need to play as if their life's depended on it because they may not get another chance here....nothing is guaranteed....and they certainly need to play a damn sight better than they did last night.

But to be honest, I think our problem is twofold - firstly we simply aren't good enough to win it, but more to the point secondly I think the thing with this group of players is that they're like Leeds in the Play Offs they just never turn up when it counts. But I hope they prove me wrong now....

Thommohawk;1764885 Question is can we hold it together? (scots need not answer lol).[/quote said:
Steven Gerrard states that him and the rest of the team are behind Robert Green, which in retrospect seems a good place to stand...:Laugh:

Ohh the banter. ;)

:Cheers:

roflmao @ hibbydave u coooont lol

To have any chance we need fat Frank to get his arse in gear as he was crap last night so for me once Barry returns it would be wrong to put Gerrard on the left considering how well he played yesterday. Lampard needs to sort his game out he was outstanding for Chelsea just need him to continue that form. Rooney needs to play well for the whole game not just last 20 minutes like last night.

Our full backs were great last night so no complains there. SWP was terrible as was Milner for the 30mins he was on. SWP must have the worst touch out the lot. I think Joe Cole should come in but having said that i think Barry will be fit and take the defensive role push Gerrard on left and Lamps as attacking mid with Lennon on the right.

I also worry about the central defenders both got skinned and Carragher is prone to the bad challenge and that is very risky!

Back