legoland winsor

audiobookman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
a week and a half ago we went to lego land, at the time we had our twins and 6 year old with us so we couldnt get on most of the rides, anyways we decided to get the merlin passes for me mrs and the 6year old.
we returned yesterday.
anyways, parking just over a week ago was £1 yesterday £2.

photos and the kids driving licences for the junior driving school was £5 last week - well this week £7.

but the biggest con of all, was the cost of an usb card, you could get your photos stored on your usb wrist band for a cost of £5 each digital image stored so you can print them yourself, ffs they get £10 (or £5 for merlin pass holders) out of you for a lego usb wrist band and then want to charge you £5 per copy of the digital file surely this should be a nominal 50p or £1 MAX. its not like its costing them anything other than storage for the day.

dont do what i done there, we bought 3 hotdogs at a princely sum of £4.30 each (yep i know but the wife wanted one), it wasnt until the evening i realised they had charged my car £17.20 for 3 dogs, aggghhhh why do i realised when its too late.

i guess they inflate thier prices for school holidays, but come on were not stupid, and why the hell are they even charging for a car park that everyone is attending thier park and spending £100s, even at £1 that is a real big sum after the £38 per adult and £28 per child inital costs.

then there are the qbots, you can rent a qbot to jump the ques, ok fair enough but comeon £15 for a timed qbot or £40 for an show up and ride qbot - EACH PERSON is a TOTAL CON

the best bargain i found was the drinks, for merlin card holders you can get all you can drink drinks holder for £15, we went though more than £15 worth of drink yesterday... for non card holder you can get a dated bottle for £6 all you can drink for that day only.
rant over....

oh well the kids love the park, all the rides are excellent for most kids aged between 3 - 12, teenagers would get bored imho.

Annoys me when prices to up for school holidays then they wonder why lids are taken out of school during term time

oh well the kids love the park, all the rides are excellent for most kids aged between 3 - 12, teenagers would get bored imho.

However, our 6 year old and this 40 year old feckin LOVED it!:banana:

Just a little thing its Windsor not having a go its just i am originally from around there..... :)

as kids we used to go there but in another life it was Windsor Safari Park in those days one of those places the monkeys ripped off wiper blades or swung on the wing mirrors of dads car.

it was the same then, as soon as the schools shut the gates for any holiday so the prices went up just down the road, it does seem to be taking the P*** but they will argue i suppose they make their years money in the 13 weeks school holidays throughout the year the rest of the the time is just running to break even.

Legoland Windsor is a theme park based on the child in Windsor, Berkshire England.There s "more than 50 amazing interactive rides, attractions and entertainment for the whole family. Located in a park of 150 acres and includes nearly 55 million LEGO bricks, it's more fun than you can imagine for children aged 3-12 years and are as families.There attractions for children and adults and children can create their own inventions thousands of bricks in the workshops of the Imagination Center, and visitors as young as three can learn to drive around a LEGO special driver's track.

???????????????, whats that to do with them jacking up prices over night!!! i never said it wasnt good for the kids, but its defo not healthy for any adults pocket, infact you will need a mortgage to take a family of 5.

sorry for the spelling mistake, i tryed to edit it straight away but the board wont let you edit topic headers

lol don't apologise for spelling mistakes ill be at it all the time else, thank god for English dictionary add on for firefox.

its from a log time ago used to work on a sat following heating crews collecting the rubbish from the jobs they did during the week, most in Windsor and Slough and the owner of comp used to write addresses for us and always spelt it Winsor...god knows how he ever got any contracts with the council.

Back