LED SIMM plug n play

pop old simm out and led simm in flick the switch and off you pop

p/p led simm

they call it plug and play, more like plug and work it out,i found this out when using it,it actually works in reverse [well mine does] i have to read it from right to left to obtain correct b/k, rating 6/10

Delbhoy said:
http://www.tailor-madecircuits.com/led_simm_plug_and_play.htm

Bought one of these last Wed has anyone else bought one of these, how long does it take it to arrive? Are they easy to use can i get a tut in advance to obtain my IRD and BK ?

Thanks in advance and anticipation of tele again !!!

as long as you order b4 11am will be wiv you the next mornn.
Very easy 2 use, but doesnt give ird only bk.

tony2803 said:
they call it plug and play, more like plug and work it out,i found this out when using it,it actually works in reverse [well mine does] i have to read it from right to left to obtain correct b/k, rating 6/10

I've Got to give it 9.5 outa 10 (no fecking soldering)...... LoL

I just found the board abit hard to insert it the Simm slot?

TuT

Shove it in,

Power up stb,

Read convert from bin to hex (Windows Calc)
To read you start from right to left (Looking from the rear of the stb) BUT write what you read left to right or you could look over the top and read left to right and write what you see.

Have a read Here may help Plz Help Black Screen

Good Luck

P S You could write on a bit of paper (Part 1) and (Part 2) read from what would be the back of the stb read and write left to right, then turn ya paper upside down and enter in the calc as you read it now (left to right)?
Hope that makes a little sense? LoL

P P S Heres a pic to look @ why your waiting for yours to turn up. LoL

Last edited:
Orderered it last Thursday still not here, there isnt a contact email for that site is there??

Cheers for the info supplied guys

DB

Query

Can these be used with the Pace 2000 boxes or is it just for the 1000 boxes

reason
Iv got a 2000 and a 1000 boxes which I cant get the BK for them, Im not into de-soldering the atmels..........

Steve

@SwampyUK1961 Just The 1000, PM me your Ird I'll check the DB for you unless you have already had it checked?

Satch said:
@SwampyUK1961 Just The 1000, PM me your Ird I'll check the DB for you unless you have already had it checked?

will LED SIMM not work on a 1000 phase 1b either ?
Coz this is the first time i've tried LED SIMM n all im getting is RED lights
summat wrong there or is this normal if used on a 1000 phase 1b ?

thanks again DW

DeAdlyD said:
will LED SIMM not work on a 1000 phase 1b either ?
Coz this is the first time i've tried LED SIMM n all im getting is RED lights
summat wrong there or is this normal if used on a 1000 phase 1b ?

thanks again DW

Hi,

Well I thought it worked on the 1000s and 4001s but I really can't be 100% on the 1b. But I thought you could?????
Are you using the plug and play or the 1 that you need to mod the board if the later got to say check you solderig?
Sorry not done a 1000 as I'm pure nthell so it's 4010, 4001 and a sammy for me.

the RED lights are represent numbers 1's and 0's

a lit up light is a 1 and non lit light is a 0

put the simm into the slot and push the switch to 1 to get the first half or your bk then stick it to 2 to get the second half

read the led lights from right to left and stick the numbers you get in a scientific calucaltor then change to hex to get your bk

i cant believe this led simm arrives today and i have not got a small enough screwdriver to get the lid of the box !!! ARRGHHH

Delbhoy said:
i cant believe this led simm arrives today and i have not got a small enough screwdriver to get the lid of the box !!! ARRGHHH

Sorry M8 PMSL. :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :doh:

Are you sure TB is cut and all that, you may need the security bit to undo the lid? Got my set from Asda years ago.

Thought I'd add this line too (Don't Mess With A Subbed Stb) for any new comers.

thanks for the sympathy mate !!!

The box is already modded mate im trying to obtain the BK, Cheers anyway !!

The lights on mine dont appear to make any sense.Used old led sim and converted light on/off with tut.Are you saying this process does not work with this led sim?

Dolfiemax said:
The lights on mine dont appear to make any sense.Used old led sim and converted light on/off with tut.Are you saying this process does not work with this led sim?

Just tried mine for first time and although it is a little tricky to get the simm in it worked perfect. Can u be more specific about why ya lights dont make sense and what u are doing to convert to hex then we may be able to help m8??

it worked really well with me 2 like everyone it was difficult to get the simm in but once it was in no prob recommended. word of advice angle the sim, it goes in easily that way. left is switch 1 middle is nothing right switch 2 read from right to left in groups of 4. if light is on =1 off =0

Back