led sim ....half bk = 4xf

bn3

DW Member +
Reaction score
m8 came round with a 4001 in pure yesterday asked if i would sort him a fun as the dude whos box it was had just had it done and the mosc got fried / as no numbers on box i crack out the led sim (pnp) but the second half of the bk is showing all f's ???????

never had this b4 any one tell give me any explination as to how this could happen?
tia

Make sure the socket is clean and the contacts are made-sometimes it will light up all LED's if the contact is bad. wiggle the simm about a couple of times and retry.

Make sure the socket is clean and the contacts are made-sometimes it will light up all LED's if the contact is bad. wiggle the simm about a couple of times and retry.

thanks m8 tryed all that first and it makes no diff any other ideas?????

tryd sim in another box and it works fine,,, also pulled red jumper left on stream for 2 hours (went out) still same wen i came back

I,ve had this before and it's righted itself with a clean and wiggling the simm. Can't think what else it would be. Is it all of part 2 thats FFFF FFFF or just 1 FFFF cos if it's only one there may be a possibility that the BK does end in FFFF?

has to be something on the box side the first ledsimm,s made were to fat and made the gap just to wide for good contact move the simm slightley about and see if the led,s change

try and give the Sim a gentle push Backwards. Even heard of people using a pencil rubber to clean the contacts

Its not reading one of the attys for some reason. More likely a dirty contact on the box.

You can safely tip the led simm right back out of the side clips and back in again to good effect.... The problem is the processor not starting up properly with the led simm in ( what a surprise). I'd say 5% of boxes are like this.

Had many an occasion when the led simm method returns a bad result on a 4001. I always revert to the voltmeter method when this happens, I have a simm that is permanently wired for this purpose. When all else fails use this method as it is 100%.
I have uploaded the files in the tutorial section for anyone who needs them.

Chookey

Back