lcd42911fhd3d no sound.

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Hi all

My mums got the above tv lcd42911fhd3d.

It's got no sound coming out. Got sky box plugged in thru hdmi, tried thru scart. Still no sound.
Tried audio out by rca to audio in on TV. Still nowt.

Now if I put audio out from sky rca to surround sound get sound so sky box is okay.

Any know what crack is with this tv ?

I've checked the menus that I could find and there is nothing I can see that affects it. An no it's not muted lol !!

Ty all

Have you ttied the built-in Freeview tuner? Or even the analogue tuner on the Digibox's RF o/p? That would at least confirm/rule out if it's an input related issue.
My suspicion is they won't work either, I have seen a few Vestel-based sets with duff audio o/p IC's.

Hi all

My mums got the above tv lcd42911fhd3d.

It's got no sound coming out. Got sky box plugged in thru hdmi, tried thru scart. Still no sound.
Tried audio out by rca to audio in on TV. Still nowt.

Now if I put audio out from sky rca to surround sound get sound so sky box is okay.

Any know what crack is with this tv ?

I've checked the menus that I could find and there is nothing I can see that affects it. An no it's not muted lol !!

Ty all

Have you ttied the built-in Freeview tuner? Or even the analogue tuner on the Digibox's RF o/p? That would at least confirm/rule out if it's an input related issue.
My suspicion is they won't work either, I have seen a few Vestel-based sets with duff audio o/p IC's.

Only tried hdmi, scart and rca audio in mate. Nothing audio wise out of any of them

Known problem with the 17mb65 mainboard, menu, first time installation may solve it temporarily but the cure is to replace the audio output ic, a very small surface mount ic, depending on which chips used four surface mount caps need to be replaced as well, they are described as being as small as ants testicles..... Considering the chip alone I would recommend taking it to a local TV engineer.

Known problem with the 17mb65 mainboard, menu, first time installation may solve it temporarily but the cure is to replace the audio output ic, a very small surface mount ic, depending on which chips used four surface mount caps need to be replaced as well, they are described as being as small as ants testicles..... Considering the chip alone I would recommend taking it to a local TV engineer.

Ahh bugger !

Got any pics of what it is on the board ?

Got heat rework hot air tools.

Let me get back to you tomorrow, I may be thinking of a earlier mainboard

Even if you could get a replacement audio chip, NTP-8030, I wouldn't recommend you trying to replace it yourself.
Its' a 48 pin device and measures about 7mm square.
As mentioned previously the temporary fix is to do a first time installation.

Unzip the files to the root of a usb stick.
Insert the stick with tv switched off.
Turn on tv and press ok on the remote for a while and if first time installation shows on the screen the software update was successful.

Sooner or later the set really needs to be repaired by an engineer.

Attachments

• LCD42911FHD3D.ZIP
    25.8 MB · Views: 19
Going to try this solution with a TV I have got with no sound too, hope this USB software update method works.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to try Going to try this solution with a TV I have got with no sound too, hope this USB software update method works.this solution with a TV I have got with no sound too, hope this USB software update method works.

- - - Updated - - -

The file won't download says I don't have permission

- - - Updated - - -

How do I download the file?

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a Bush website for firmware download? I think it's Argos own brand these days but can't find anything there.

Holy Crap !!!

It worked!!!

My TV sound went this morning.
i found this article, make a login, couldnt download, couldnt figure out how to make 5 posts so i had to give in and PayPal those £6.99 for 6 month membership and free downloading and i downloaded the ZIP and the TV did reset and the sound is back.

Well done, sir

£6.99 still better than trip to the local scammers telling me i need £200 worth of repairs

They aren't scammers and it wouldn't of cost you £200 :Angryfire

Hello all, trying to download the files to fix the no sound issue with my parents tv.

- - - Updated - - -

trying to download the files to fix the no sound issue with my parents tv.

You have to make 5 useful posts and wait 24 hours

#7 chookey
  • View Profile
  • View Forum Posts
  • Private Message
  • Add as Contact
  • photo.png
    View Images

user-online.png

Thanks for the firmware all earned

Back