lcd tv fault

terminator2k2

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi there, couldnt find a suitable place to write this, so move it if needed......

right ive got a lcd tv model: kdlv40a12u

symptoms: dead

found a diode short circuit. the only markings on it are " R2J "

anyone know what this is.?? or better still got a service manual.??

cheers chris

my sisters goodmans went.

Her symptoms were no picture, but there was some sound (i think). When I was looking at it, the light caught it in just the right way and I could see there was a picture.

The back light had gone.

I know this is probably no use to you but thought I would mention just incase...

made in beats, this sounds like a fuse as in the posted thread m8

terminator, this sounds like the reverse polarity diode has blown, meaning the TV short circuits when you plug the power supply in, with a soldering iron, remove the diode, or just one leg of it, and then see if the tv powers up

heres another thread from another dead telly i was given :) https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/161612/

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers lads....

im a tv techy in my day job lol.......

love messing with electronics.......

ive done quite a few lcds and plasmas......

on an old forum we had a section for general, domestic and tv repair/fault finding...thought it would be nice to see the same here.???

same here, been given this 40" sony lcd now as the customer scrapped the set as it was gonna cost too much for a power supply pcb.....

i will lift one side and see what happens then.....can only go bang if its some sort of protection lol.....

all I can find is replace D6903 and D6905.

Back