LCD tv above fire?

personally i would think it's a bad idea, the tv would be more likely to overheat, and if it's a real fire would also be more prone to getting dirty.

i thought it was not a good idea cheers.

as for type of fire im not sure as its not mine but i think its a gas open flame fire.

As there is a fire in use, I will say no... not good idea :) will cause dirt and dust to rise onto tv, cause it too get too hot and prob cause screen issues.

Technically you should avoid doing that, but I have installed more than a few in the last 10 years and havent had any comeback. The operating temps of screens can handle it but dont mount it too close to the fire and think about a wide mantelpiece if you dont already have one

We have our LCD above the fire. It's a gas fire enclosed in glass and stands out from the wall about 18". Never had any problems and the TV has been there for about 3 years.

We only use the fire in winter though, and it's only on at night. But when you feel the TV it isnt any hotter than when the fire isnt on.

read the small print as it probably will say do not mount near heat,if it goes belly up warranty wont cover it:proud:

not a good idea, you will have to stretch your neck to view

for an ideal wall mount TV. start pointing is 1 metre from floor to base of TV and then depending how far you sit adjust height for perfect viewing angle.

must admit ive seen a few located ablove the fire place. ok if you are standing up to watch telly but if you are sitting down then you end up with a stiff neck.

I have though a high mounting point rather then heat would be an issue.

Back