latest image 0807 lan button

it fixes the picture distortion - freezing after coming out of standby

I haven't had a picture distortion or freezing problem coming out of standby so I wouldn't know if this fixes it.

I've had no problems like this, so if that's all the new image fixes I'll be leaving it on 30-06-10

In fact, I think I've been very lucky with my TM800 as with most of the problems posted, I just don't seem to have them,

And now I've said that my box will fooking eat it's self.....grrrrr

Last edited:
Just uploaded the new image and so far so good.

:banana: Best thing for me is that I can now access the receiver using iDreamX on my Mac and upload my own channel lists etc.

Also so far I have not noticed the receiver crashing or glitching once gone into standby, but then again I do need to wait for the receiver to warm up yet.

No other major changes!!

Anybody know how I can disable Audio Description (Narration) rather than having to change the sound track on individual channels?

Image looking good with regard to stablility issues.:banana:

the image can be downloaded directly by pressing LAN then the blue button

downloaded from the archive ive created here h##p://www.linuxtechnomate.com

or from the download center here h##p://www.technomatelinux.co.uk

hi m8s

so far its very good.Rest of the future can wait.Mine has always been stable since the first day and placing a notebook(silent one)cooler i dont need any fan or new topcover .The existing 1 has allready wifi holes and probably i will use a usb adapter instead ,no need to buy wifi adapter for another 50£.
I had most of the boxes that should give a decent fight against dreambox but this is the one that really can take taht fight ,many other still struggling to be a proper opponent !i dont want many images ,or plugins bla bla ,just a decent box that will cover my needs ,Run dif emus ,read dif cards and play various film formats ,thats all and if it can do more than these i will take the hat off!right now i am very happy with it!

regards

hi m8s

I had most of the boxes that should give a decent fight against dreambox but this is the one that really can take taht fight ,many other still struggling to be a proper opponent !i dont want many images ,or plugins bla bla ,just a decent box that will cover my needs ,Run dif emus ,read dif cards and play various film formats ,thats all and if it can do more than these i will take the hat off!right now i am very happy with it!

regards

these are the very points we have all been awaiting for a long time now mate and something tells me that the speculation was way too much and yet another wanna-be bights the dust (this receiver seems to have died an early death way way too soon)!!

I accept the whole beta thing and trust me I have been defending this thing since the day I got it, but there's a limit to everything and TM are really taking the piiiiiiiisss with this one!

End of June we were supposed to be in the possession of a complete TM800 which would do everything written on the box and if this was the case then yes it could be in a position to be mentioned in the same sentence as the mighty Dreamboxes, but at the moment its not only an insult to Dreamboxes, but also to Technomate to mention as such.

The dream was good, but we all need to wake up and go towards the VU+ or like most happy uses stick with the Dream Team!!

Last edited:
i am not agree with you concerning Tm 800 HD m8.i dont have any vu+ duo but rest of them incl all sh4 boxes are not as good as tm .First of all its very stable (i do sometimes missing GREEN SCREEN!),CCcam works without hassle ,i love those working hotkeys,and this is out of the box.Even dm8000 waited more than 4-5 months to handle DTS,so we have to be more fare against this new commer.Sure it does not fullfill everything that advertised but Technomate kan make a big hit whit this 1 if they really want to get closer to leader(dm).at the end we knew what we got into ,did not we?
Since WC will be over this weekend so i wait for a new sw soon

regards

Malcolm-X

You are talking lodes of rubbish and not investigating total goodies about this box.
Lets talk about your favourite vu=box
if you referring to twin its £400 +wifi tm £249 and has wifi BUT NOT READY .
if you comparing to solo vu+ which is £299 no wifi-modulator-single scart -no loop trough -no pli image - no vfd - single usb and many more
I have one with me about a week its no comparing to tm800 in any functions much more inferior .buy this solo box then make your comments.
you have one of best there is for what you paid you also not taking note from day one.
most of you were pushing tm to release tm800
as I under stood from tm it was plan to be released by end of august which would have been finished by that time.
during last few days of release push and push from most of the buyers tm released on the understanding that most functions not ready.
example
if you are flaying to Australia from London direct expecting to be seated for over 15 hours of flight
this way your expectation is to accept long hours flight but if it was Paris will expect one hour
my point is you were told many many times most functions not ready but being you expecting 15 hours flight to be one hour.
if you really like solo vu+ then take tm800 for refund and shut up.
I have this box from day one expecting some functions not ready
I am really enjoying it hd picture is the best I have seen sound ok
when watching my 2 hours movie
I do not use it as a toy just enjoy my movie
if you have problem reading above get some one to read it for you loudly
to tell you in English is not ready means IS NOT READY
as I am expecting round august to be fully finished I will wait
as I waited few years for dm still lots of problem.

Malcolm-X

You are talking lodes of rubbish and not investigating total goodies about this box.....

I have a right of opinion and unfortunately for you considering your on the TM Payroll I would suggest if you disagree with my comments then please justify with facts not future fiction!!

I like your theory on a flight to Australia in 15 hours, but if my airline told me that flight would be 15 hours I would have no right to complain as long as I get there in 15 hours, but if them 15 hours become 30 hours then damn right I can kick a stinker off mate.

TM had informed me that the software would be sorted by the end of June or at the latest the first week of July, yet we are no where near done and MOST of the features are yet to be seen on the TM800!

Read my previous posts and you will find that I have stuck with TM in respect to software and the whole BETA phase of the receiver, but it's now taking the piss!! :swearing:

For your information I own a TM9100super, TM500, TM600, TM800 (as well as a DM800HD, DM500s) and have been a fan of TM for a long time, but facts are facts and unfortunately TM have failed to deliver on this occasion. I could not be happier with the other TM machines I own.

I have never used the VU+ so I can not comment, but I can base the opinion on reviews and other users feedbacks and can say it sounds like a damn good buy.

Take my opinion and deliver it to the rest of your pals in Edmonton (or Korea..?) and tell them to work on the receiver and just deliver what is written on the box rather than loosing sleep over what VU+ are doing and how you can beat them at what they do!!

I paid good money for my receiver, but if I wanted to hook upto a server and watch channels alone then I would be happy, but I want to use the other functions as that's why I paid more than usual for a Sat HD Receiver!!

Sorry for the insults, but you do take things personal and I understand why!!
:Clap::evil23:

if you have problem reading above get some one to read it for you loudly
to tell you in English is not ready means IS NOT READY
as I am expecting round august to be fully finished I will wait
as I waited few years for dm still lots of problem.

IN ENGLISH IT WOULD BE:

"IT IS NOT READY"

List what issues you have with DM mate, I would find it a very interesting read!

Go on Google and search "Dreambox" and see the amount of sites / links that come up (About 9,450,000 results (0.18 seconds) )

Do the same for "VU+" (About 820,000 results (0.32 seconds) )

and then search "Technomate" and see the amount of sites / links that come up (About 455,000 results (0.24 seconds) )

Support, fan base, followers??? I rest my case!!

Ps. Do not take me as an individual who dislikes TM, I only feel let down by the TM800!!

Last edited:
I am really enjoying it hd picture is the best I have seen sound ok
when watching my 2 hours movie

Come on now Satwiz.

Are you seriously trying to claim that you watched an entire HD movie and the sound didn't go out of sync? :)

lol, I'm on my 2nd TM800, and as much as I really DO like the machine, it still suffers from audio lag on HDTV channels after around 20 minutes.

Malcolm-X has raised some very good points.

@SatWiz - you've got a real attitude problem mate. For those of us that have shelled out £250, we have a right to share our opinion, good or bad, without some brown nose twisting the knife!

Back