Ratts

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
dont look like much has changed from the last fw,

tested and working great :)

but here you go :)

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

as always a BIG thank you to the f/w writers and uploaders for keeping this great box up to date and working well :Cheers:

Attachments

• BM7000s Oct 12 2012 89x.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 152
I installed this yesterday after doing a reset and noticed that it has caused some listings issues with the EPG. If you press the 'Guide' button and scroll-down through the programme list, all listed programmes for a particular channel now show the same synopsis as the first or second programme in the list and sometimes it's completely blank! Also, I'm getting a character spacing issue with some programme titles on the EPG where I get an extra 'space' between words which makes a slightly bigger gap between the previous and next word.

I installed this yesterday after doing a reset and noticed that it has caused some listings issues with the EPG. If you press the 'Guide' button and scroll-down through the programme list, all listed programmes for a particular channel now show the same synopsis as the first or second programme in the list and sometimes it's completely blank! Also, I'm getting a character spacing issue with some programme titles on the EPG where I get an extra 'space' between words which makes a slightly bigger gap between the previous and next word.

try switching your box off and back on and then leave it on the EPG channel for a few mins, it should then populate the epg...

just check you d/l the list for your area too ;)

Hi Ratts, I'm getting the programme listings for the channels ok, it's the information about the programmes themselves which is the problem. If you press the 'Guide' button and scroll-down through the listings, the information about later programmes on most channels just displays all the same stuff as the current or next programme. There's no way of finding out what a later programme is about now! I would check your box to see if you're getting the same thing. There's definitely been some undisclosed changes to the EPG with this update.

Btw, I don't download channel lists. I did a blind scan and created my own favourites list with FTA/FTV channels from 28.2/28.5E. The FTV channels I receive with a Sky card.

Surely this can't be just my BM7000S with yet another problem? I'm already unlucky enough to have a faulty unit which the picture glitches/stutters all the time on many SD channels, it's so annoying. The box is only being used for the decent FTA/FTV channels and not that card sharing marlarky, so not a server issue. I originally thought my dish was out of alignment, but after tweaking about with it and getting the box to display 85% (max) quality on many transponders, it still does the same bloody thing! It's a pitty I waited until it was out of warranty before I got the ladder out, no way am I gonna spend another £150! This latest problem with the EPG just angers me even more. :Angryfire

Last edited:
After much frustration with an EPG full of nonsense, I've just done another reset and surprise surprise, it's still the same. For example, according to my EPG 'Emmerdale' on ITV1 HD at 7:00pm tonight is "Alistair Stewart and Mary Nightingale with the latest headlines from around the world"!! This is actually referring to ITV News from 6:30pm!! Bloody useless. :Angryfire

Why don't they test these updates before they make them available?

After much frustration with an EPG full of nonsense, I've just done another reset and surprise surprise, it's still the same. For example, according to my EPG 'Emmerdale' on ITV1 HD at 7:00pm tonight is "Alistair Stewart and Mary Nightingale with the latest headlines from around the world"!! This is actually referring to ITV News from 6:30pm!! Bloody useless. :Angryfire

Why don't they test these updates before they make them available?

when you say reset do you mean a full database reset.. if not do a full database reset, blind scan and leave on the epg channel... flick up through the channels and you should see the epg populating.
if it doesnt populate straight away just switch the box off and back on again... i dont think you are doing a proper database reset tbh mate ....

just try it once more mate im sure it will be ok afterwards

when you say reset do you mean a full database reset.. if not do a full database reset, blind scan and leave on the epg channel... flick up through the channels and you should see the epg populating.
if it doesnt populate straight away just switch the box off and back on again... i dont think you are doing a proper database reset tbh mate ....

just try it once more mate im sure it will be ok afterwards

Hi Ratts, thanks for your help. I tried doing a full database reset several times followed by a blind scan, but unfortunately haven't been able to get anywhere. My box is now setting the incorrect PPID for the EPG channels (8010 and Portal Video 5) as 65535, so they don't work at all!! The same thing happened with BBC Three last week after I had rescanned when some of the channels moved. Looks like this might be another new bug. It doesn't matter now anyway as the box is faulty and it's going in the bin once I've found a new one. The picture glitches and stutters on the FTA SD channels even though signal quality is 80-85%, HD channels are unaffected. 4seven stutters like mad, yet Channel 4 HD on the same TP is flawless. I doubt I'll be buying another Blade. :Angryfire

Sounds like the probs I'm getting with glitching

That's interesting. Can you please tell me more?

The vast majority of SD channels glitch/stutter for me, some more so than others. This glitching/stuttering effect I describe is a like a split second blip or pause in the video which makes it stutter/jerk, it's not break up or anything like that. I do not get any glitching on HD channels at all, but have heard the occasional crackle on the audio. I have tried adjusting my dish, but haven't been able to sort it out. I don't believe it's a signal issue because, for example, 4seven constantly glitches every minute (one of the worst), even though the signal/quality levels show 85/85 (85 quality appears to be max for this box) and Channel 4 HD which is on the same transponder is flawless. I'm not sure if it's something to do with movement or things in the video as it noticeably seems to be worse on camera pans and some graphics, but then some channels it hardly happens, I don't get it? It bloody annoys the hell out of me because other than that the picture and audio is superb from this box. :Angryfire

98% I've got and it just seems to be when watching the sky sports channel it does it on the movies but not so much I going to get a test on a diff server to see if that works and m8 it pisses me off aswell just as they going to shoot at goal the fecking pic freezes

98% I've got and it just seems to be when watching the sky sports channel it does it on the movies but not so much I going to get a test on a diff server to see if that works and m8 it pisses me off aswell just as they going to shoot at goal the fecking pic freezes

That could be a server issue mate. Have you tried any FTA channels? Mine definitely isn't a server issue because I'm not using CS any more. CS was fun to start with, but then you get all the usual problems with glitching and freezing, even with a good connection and 'is never' anywhere near as good as having the actual card. I only really watch the Freesat channels anyway and I also have Freeview so save myself the money now and don't bother with it any more. Life is great without subscription TV.

Will test mine over the coming days waiting for a test line . But also the box is upto date and someone's box I know has no probs

hi all thinking of buying a blade bm7000s how gd are they ????? at mo gt mates euroview box but caint get half the channels????

hi all thinking of buying a blade bm7000s how gd are they ????? at mo gt mates euroview box but caint get half the channels????

It is an ok box for what it does, you also have the Technomate TM5402 HD, which is similar to the dreambox and has a sensitivity tuner.
Both models do the same. Really a box for just watching tv and not really playing around. If you want add ons etc, then a linux box is the way to go.

Iv had the blade for nearly 18 months now & think it's a good box, easy to use & navigate through the channels, Iv never had a 7 day epg on it, full 1080p great HD for the footy, but is a skybox f3 £50 a big saving for a decent box

Iv had the blade for nearly 18 months now & think it's a good box, easy to use & navigate through the channels, Iv never had a 7 day epg on it, full 1080p great HD for the footy, but is a skybox f3 £50 a big saving for a decent box

to get the 7 day epg you must leave it on the 7 day EPG channel for a while... its listed at the end of the list in each channel group.....

that's if you have d/l the channel list from the blade website..

I wouldnt change from your blade unless you like to mess about with the box and not just be able to watch tv...

Yea Iv got the epg channel at the end of the channel lists,
I'd read what you told me somewhere else so I left it on the channel when I went to sleep but didn't seem to do anything,
I don't like to play with my box like the dreamboxs,
But was thinking next of getting motor aerial to get some 3ko on a saturday

Yea Iv got the epg channel at the end of the channel lists,
I'd read what you told me somewhere else so I left it on the channel when I went to sleep but didn't seem to do anything,
I don't like to play with my box like the dreamboxs,
But was thinking next of getting motor aerial to get some 3ko on a saturday

well now that you have reached 5 posts put the new f/w on and maybe that will fix your EPG problem ;)

if you get setanta with your package you should get a 3ko on a sat mate ;)

Yea Iv got setanta,
Before I update, do I need to save my cline & my channel list?
Could you point me in the way of a link on how to upgrade firmware?

Yea Iv got setanta,
Before I update, do I need to save my cline & my channel list?
Could you point me in the way of a link on how to upgrade firmware?

if you don't do a factory reset then you don't need to save your line but its best to back up your line and channel list details just in case .....

just d/l the fw, extract and then put it on a usb stick, plug it into your box go into menu>utilities>download>and select the f/w click ok and then it should update..

Back