Latest Ambit Firmware Upgrade

L33tpL4y4

Inactive User
Reaction score
This is bomber as most of you know, I thought a 120 Mac on a 120 would be ok, take the update and still work but its not the case, this new update is putting the original MAC back onto the modem(yes the factory MAC)!!!, where do we go now, I have 4 200’s with no updates at all, do you think its pin 11 time if it works?? Call out to all the senior members, Please we need help!!! Any would be great. Cheers

ambit 200

Hi all like to say im useing a ambit 200 with a 200 mac. took the upgrade but still works but done the same on 100 and 120 put 100 mac on a 100 and a 120 mac on a 120 but dont work hope this helps someone thanks..

hi i have the ambit 120 and would like to know what options i have

thanks.

weewee said:
Hi all like to say im useing a ambit 200 with a 200 mac. took the upgrade but still works but done the same on 100 and 120 put 100 mac on a 100 and a 120 mac on a 120 but dont work hope this helps someone thanks..

How did you get your 200 mac m8? also the other person, theres not much you can do apart from disconnect it before you lose it.

ntl are doing some upgrades (nationwide) and it will end on friday
lets hope their only removing the clones till then

Cant be assed waiting till friday.
Just upgraded my line to 10 meg.
Feck it to much trouble.
Mick if it gets sorted m8 ill send u my mac.

Pin 11.
I tried it. when i thought it would work.
I was talking to one of the tv guys,cos that were the idea came from.
He still thinks it might work but you'll have to let the modem boot up with out power going to pin 11 and when it has before the frimware goes on applt the power.
Luck of the draw.
: shocked2 Who want's to go first!!: shocked2
I've watched a modem take the frimware in hyperterminal(when i did'nt know any better.
Maybe some sort of resistor in the wire.
I don't know??
When i had pin 11 on and let the modem boot up it would obtain a decent ip address for a few seconds and then nothing.
I kept changing macs and stuf but nothing.
Looks like we all might be asking santa for a new modem for christmas.:xmas:
I still got that modem up on the shelf.
I might get it down now as i've given up on the surfboards

Welli was never a great fan of the pin 11 mod, but you never know, we might have to make it work some how, theres bund to be away round this come on peeps, i hear NT* have shut all the clones down by matching the S/N with the MAC, if no match then bang.!!

yep they done it again i was using the 200 with a 120 mac and it would not take the new firmware kept saying error but now they managed to zap it

Back