laser cannon planes has fired its first energy bolts

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
US airliners'n'armaments colossus Boeing announced today that one of its prototype aerial laser cannon planes has fired its first energy bolts in ground testing.

"First firing of the high-energy laser aboard the ATL aircraft shows that the program continues to make good progress," said Boeing blast-cannon biz boss Scott Fancher.
C-130 transport plane with laser belly turret fitted

The secret raygun project couldn't resist a hint as to where they got their new technology.

The so-called Advanced Tactical Laser (ATL) programme is one of two flying raygun projects underway at Boeing. The other is the Airborne Laser, or ABL, a monstrous jumbo-jet mounted energy ray intended to disintegrate threatening nuclear missiles from hundreds of kilometres away. Both ATL and ABL use toxic chemical fuels to generate higher-intensity laser beams than can currently be produced by electric equipment
The ATL, rather than frying hostile ICBMs from across a country, is seen more as a ray-cannon for everyday tasks. Relatively handy at 20 tons all up - the sealed chem-laser module itself weighs six tons, the rest being aiming gear, controls etc. - the ATL can be fitted into a normal C-130 military transport rather than needing a jumbo. Drawing a comparison with existing C-130-based "gunship" aircraft, which fire a broadside of ordinary projectile cannon against ground targets, Boeing have previously dubbed the ATL the "Laser Gunship".

The Laser Gunship, if it performs to spec, is expected to take out targets such as individual vehicles or cellphone towers, silently and from as far as 18-20km. People in the vicinity of an ATL strike might not realise what had happened until well after the event, if at all. This could be especially handy for Boeing's initial customer - the US military's secretive Special Operations Command.

Following last week's successful ground firings with the raygun now mounted in the plane, Boeing expect to go for a flight test in the coming months. At that point, the US military will decide whether the kit is good enough to take into service.

"Later this year, we will fire the laser in-flight at ground targets," confirms Fancher. ®

Full Story

Just when we thought the world was bad enough, the feckin yanks with rayguns !! I give up lol

Commander 'Big' Ron Atkinson explains "The whole reason behind this test is to make sure we can take out employment agencies across the UK without anyone realising, basically we can get in and back out again asap. Hopefully when it is all over Britain will be a working colony again."

Sounds good to me.

I have mate.

I have also just applied to be a gunner test pilot for one of these. Apparently they have had 3 vacancies for 7 weeks and no-one will take up their offer of $1,000,000 per 12 hour shift over 3 seperate shifts as it results in certain death, or should I say it resulted in past certain death, the new system they say 'should' be fine.

As you can figure I got no reply. :banana::banana:

These things pack a COIL, Chemical Oxygen Iodine Laser. Apparently these things produce a lot of harmful by products after being fired.

The one on the ATL is small enough to to cause a big problem, however the ATL has a big brother called the ABL which also has a COIL, but this one is much larger and destroy targets almost 600km away.

These things pack a COIL, Chemical Oxygen Iodine Laser. Apparently these things produce a lot of harmful by products after being fired.

My missus has a COIL as well, and trust me after a vindaloo she can produce harmful by products too :roflmao:

My missus has a COIL as well, and trust me after a vindaloo she can produce harmful by products too :roflmao:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha belter mate never thought i would ever read about someones arse ebing compared to a laser lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back