Laptops under £500 for gaming recording and editing

Nick clarke

Reaction score
I'm looking for the best laptop for under £500 for recording and editing gaming vidoes.. I'm the friend whos always giving out new dvds/cds too so a decent dvd/CD rewriter also would be great.. any feed back would be great cheers.

Yeah I would like to but not really got the room in house cheers for the reply tho mate

The lowest price video editing laptop on Laptops Direct is the £690 MSI PL60 7RD. (Doesn't have an optical drive, so you'd have to get a USB external writer on top of that.)

You can pick up laptops with the same i5-7200U CPU for under £500. However, these have half the RAM and no dedicated GPU.

All depends on what you're willing to trade off. Price vs quicker encoding.

just buy a desktop and use your tv and a wireless keyboard really a desktop will last better and do all you need better

The lowest price video editing laptop on Laptops Direct is the £690 MSI PL60 7RD. (Doesn't have an optical drive, so you'd have to get a USB external writer on top of that.)

You can pick up laptops with the same i5-7200U CPU for under £500. However, these have half the RAM and no dedicated GPU.

All depends on what you're willing to trade off. Price vs quicker encoding.
Cheers pal.. would probaby go for price if it wasnt a massive amount more but i like turner browns idea now he's mentioned it

Just to jump on this thread, looking for a cheap (sub £300) laptop for editing GoPro\video's. Did a quick google and the Dell XPS range seems to come back quite a lot. Can anyone recommend one\another? Was thinking buying a second hand one from eBay to keep the costs down.

Just to jump on this thread, looking for a cheap (sub £300) laptop for editing GoPro\video's. Did a quick google and the Dell XPS range seems to come back quite a lot. Can anyone recommend one\another? Was thinking buying a second hand one from eBay to keep the costs down.

I would go gumtree route easier to haggle on price and can pick up locally . give the machine a good check over
ask seller to fully charge to check battery life and give it a good 10 min test to check for over heating issues

Back