laptop wireless setup 'n' clueless

V

Vectra

trying to get a new laptop to run wireless i've just bought a netgear dg834g router netgear wired card for my pc which seems to be working well (more luck than judgement) got linksys wireless card for my new laptop followed all instructions card seems to be working ok system strength excellent link strenth excellent but i havn't got a clue after that i'm very much clueless. also probably a really stupid question but do you need to pay extra subscription to the isp you use. and is it the same account i'll use on the laptop as on the pc with same user account and password or do i set it all up again on the laptop.

Nope, don't need to pay for extra subscription.

I take you your main PC is the one that has got the internet connection. If using BB, then its always on, if using dial-up, then dial up should be dialled to your ISP.

For your laptop, you can basically go to internet options, in the connection options, set it to "never dial a connection". Also, I take it your laptop can see the main computer (as indicated by your good signal stregth statement).

Then fire up your IE browser, does it connect to the net?

You may have to register the routers MAC address with your ISP, or your router should have a "Clone MAC" address option in the router setup just click that and you should be ok m8

Back