Laptop to Plasma.

P4TCA

'Stupid Scottish White Guy'
Reaction score
I want to use my laptop via my plasma. I have a hdmi cable and svideo cable. I cant get either to work. Is there a setting on the laptop I need to enable for this?

If that not work there maybe a setting in bios to enable the output.
either that or in the advanced display settings or display control panel.

try one of the function keys, hold shift and by the numbers on top there should be a symbol with a blank and blue screen next to each other, this sends the visual output through your cable to your other vdu

I got the new laptop to work with hdmi lead. I have ano older dell latitude that I am trying to get with the VGA to component(red green black).

The screen is cracked and it doesnt workm on plasma using the function keys and I cant see anyhting to go into Bios anyone any other suggestions?

Component can be either RGB or YPbPr...

Some manufacturers wire their TVs to take both on the RCA plugs, but most put the RGB input on a SCART socket. If your TV's RCA inputs are YPbPr only (check the manual) you're going to have to use an RGB enabled SCART socket. Even then its not garaunteed to work. VGA is an RGB/HV signal, if the VGA port doesn't detect a signal on all pins it should it may assume the cable is damaged and refuse to output on that source.

If that is the case, check if the laptop is an ATi graphics chipset. If it is connect to a PC monitor and see if PowerStrip (available via google) can get the chipset to output an RGB signal without a verticle or horizontal sync.

Worst case scenario, Maplin carry the AverMedia KeyLite (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=A30AU&DOY=4m6) which converts VGA to s-video/composite I've got one in the post and will let you know if its any good.

Back