Laptop so so slow, any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

Ive got a friends laptop, they have literally not used it. I have installed AVG, a torrent client, and all of a sudden the laptop is running mega slow, even just opening windows etc. here is the spec of the laptop, its a Dell Inspiron 5565.

Any ideas? ive done the windows updates which took ages but its not helped.

Many Thanks

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    310.2 KB · Views: 36
I can't see your specs - the one big upgrade and cost effective change would be to install an SSD. Simple installation back cover off; take out the old hard drive and put in the new SSD. You will need to back up all your files and wouldn't recommend doing an image backup but instead install a fresh copy of windows.
You will notice the difference.

You could upgrade RAM but the prices at the moment are extremely high and therefore might not be worth it.

I agree with all the people who has suggested to replace the old HDD for a SDD, the change will worth the pain.
Also with an USB case, you can clone the current data into the new disk before installing, so you can save a lot of time.

Oh ffs, they're still at it. When a problem's been resolved (over two years ago), it would be a good idea to lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back