laptop problem.

dj999

Inactive User
Reaction score
got a fujitsu amilo pro laptop.
basically, the thing keeps restarting by itself when either tapping the laptop by the touchpad or when lifting it up by holding only the middle of the screen and underneath the touchpad, when open.
as if a dodgy/loose connection.
is there a way to open the bottom cover to have a look inside??

thabnks but already been there. not a lot of use.
can open the bottom where the HD and RAM is located, and can see the mother board but cannot open the complete bottom cover.

Could be the ribbon cable on the touchpad has come loose or n number of other things. You will need to get a service manual download, can't find any freebies, which I guess you will have to pay for. Or just get on and remove the top cover by guess work.

I assume you have checked out that it is the touch pad by using an external mouse though?

no i haven't used an external mouse, sometimes dont touch a thing and it restarts by iteslf.
also unable to remove to bottom cover, to check the underside of the main board.

Does this happen when the laptop has just been switched on and still cold or when only when it has warmed up. I came across a Dell with a similar problem that only occured when the laptop had warmed up, most like a dry joint or cracked motherboard was the advise from one of their service engineers.

sometimes when switched on, sometimes when on for a while but last night the daughter was on it for about an hour, was ok until she picked it up.

from the info your providing I would say that the motherboard or the internal power supply / connector to it has a short/ or a dry solder point...

If the laptop is still under gaurantee then five them a phone up & explain the problem m8 ...
I'ts my best guess at the info provided im afraids ;)

hi, I remember my brother having the same problem with a packard bell or fujitsu laptop it was the rear vga port causing the problem i think it was shorting. He loosen the 2 port screws and moved it a little keeping it in that position tighten the screws backup, seemed to have solved the problem. It could be a broken circuit track or short in that area.
I hope this helps goodluck

What actual model numer is your amilo pro, V****? There should be four digits after the V, which I gues you can get from the base of the lappy.

Often the RAM and hard drive are in the area under the touchpad. Make sure all are seated properly - i.e. remove completely, check contacts are clean and corrosion free and then reseat.

its a v3515. why?

I would assume the method of accessing the mainboard is different for each family of models if not individual models and tech' wants to attempt to find the correct dismantling diagram.

Last edited:
yes but what i'm saying is has it got the battery in and does the battery hold a charge? if its mains and the battery isnt working then it sounds like bad contact with the power jack, or dry joint to power connector, or even the charger connector not clean/efficient.

Back