Laptop mouse pad all jerky

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
maryjams laptop mouse pad is all jerky it wont move accross screen smoothly and is hard to manover any ideas

allroad said:
maryjams laptop mouse pad is all jerky it wont move accross screen smoothly and is hard to manover any ideas

er sticky fingers???????

lololol

allroad said:

we have this lots of times with are laptops I suggest.

1. Push down hard "Not to hard to break the PC" each sidfe of the touch pad, this can sometimes resolve this.

2. Remove the touchpad, take the laptop to bits some laptops have K' by each screw you should undo and re-seat the touchpad sometimes the link from the touchpad to the motherboard is broken.

3. if all else fails insert a mouse in the PS2 or USB port then disable the touchpad in the Bios.

Also make sure it is not the Nipple sticking out in the keyboard this can somtimes cause this but unlikely.

::)

I had the same prob with my dell laptop and i solved it by taking out the keyboard to which the touch pad is connected and putting it back in.
the ribbon cable becomes disloged with constant carring of the laptop, try it it could be the same.

Castle

Back