Hardware Laptop flickering screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why my Sony vaio laptop screen would flicker every now and again?

There are a couple of reasons the main one I guess is ensure graphics drivers are Upto date..then there is the more serious problem of the screen failing..

Here are a few things to try..
1. Does it only flicker in Windows? (try going into the BIOS and see if it still flicker, if it does then it's not software related..
2. Does it flicker if you move the LCD? If it does it could be a loose LCD harness...
3. Connect an ext. monitor to it, does it flicker there also? If it does, check the video driver to see if there's an update or it could mean that your video card is going bad...

it could be the inverter or a loose connection cost about £70 for inverter can be done by yourself not that of a hard job :)

Thank you for your comments

hy I went into control panel ,system and security,/ system, /advanced system/ under the advanced tab I clicked settings in performance,in performance options I clicked advanced,where it says virtual memeory ,I clicked change,5751mb was the recommended paging file but it was currently set to 10mb
I suspect that was where the problem was ,as my sony vaio laptop asnt done this since
thanks everyone that tried helping
I hope my answer can help someone else with a similar problem...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this same problem with my old laptop it was a lose ribbon cable from the main body of the pc to the monitor. I took the monitor to bits and easily found the ribbon pushed it back in (hard) and it worked fine after. But like everyone else said make sure its not a driver issue before taking your computer to bits.

I had a problem with this, I'm no PC techy person but I remember something about the "aero theme" and "basic theme". I changed mine and the flickering stopped.
Control Panel/ Appearance and Personalization/Personalization

Ive had this with my lappy and it was the wiring loom connecting the screen to the laptop. Replaced that and everything was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back