laptop battery

Davey boy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi , i have a 3 year old laptop which has been used daily since i got it .Recently instead of battery lasting 3-4 hours it is only lasting 1.5 hours when used away from power source .So battery in laptop lasts no more than 1.5 hrs .What i need to no is if it is definitely the battery ,and if so where the best place to get a Acer Aspir 1690 battery from at best price.

Thanks

Hi , i have a 3 year old laptop which has been used daily since i got it .Recently instead of battery lasting 3-4 hours it is only lasting 1.5 hours when used away from power source .So battery in laptop lasts no more than 1.5 hrs .What i need to no is if it is definitely the battery ,and if so where the best place to get a Acer Aspir 1690 battery from at best price.

Thanks
why the battery only lasts that amount of the time isnt to do with age
the problem is how u charge it
lets say u have full power when u bought it
and u sed it for 2 hrs meaning all that is left is 1 hr
so what do u do
charge it
yes u do
now if u keep doing this the battry remembers that it only need less charge
and so on this is why if u have a battery that u charge up let it run flat before u chare it
and it will last a lot longer

Thanks David
AaH ! I see , like a phone battery ,but what do you do when you have finished withlaptopand want to put it back in its normal place .Do you leave it until batt goes flat and then plug back in to power source.Also what should i do about batt now ,do this from now on or has battery been damaged beyond repair

Thanks David
AaH ! I see , like a phone battery ,but what do you do when you have finished withlaptopand want to put it back in its normal place .Do you leave it until batt goes flat and then plug back in to power source.Also what should i do about batt now ,do this from now on or has battery been damaged beyond repair
let the battry drain right down and give it a good charge
leave it for 12hrs
then use till flat again
keep doing this and it will start to last longer

just to let u know some video cameras used to give u a charger that would deaden the battry so u could give it a full charge again

Flipping heck 1,5 hours after a few years?

I got one at Christmas and I have only ever had just over 1 hour at full charge, it is 99.9% plugged in, maybe 3 times a week it gets unplugged and the battery run down so we plug it back in again. Other than that it is always plugged in and used about 15-20 hrs per day via the PSU.

I admit this is a cheap shit PC World Advent lappy but we have still never had much more than 1 hours use from a fully charged battery.

As they say, they don't make 'em like they used ta'.

isnt that basicly what i said???

The site actually recommends that you connect a 12v bulb to the battery to totally discharge it once the laptop itself no longer power ups. I suspect the laptop's built in electronics would stop drawing power before it is totally empty.

One other thing, reading my dell manual. If you are going to be the laptop only on the mains adaptor then to remove the battery. I suspect this is because the adaptor is continually charging the battery and the battery is powering the laptop which could reduce its working life.

Back