Kryptview remote IR

stardotstar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
I currently have a Dbox which I (mostly) understand and which works well. I also have a Tivo (PVR) which has the ability to change channels on the box to which it is attached. Unfortunately Tivo cannot control Dbox as it uses an unusual Infa Red type (forget the name). I have also a MX500 universal remote, this controls everything - apart from Dbox.
So to my question, does anyone know if the Kryptview box uses "normal" IR? If it can be controlled by some sort of universal remote the answer would be yes. Anyone know? I will buy one and swap for my Dbox if Tivo can control it.

Hi
I currently have a Dbox which I (mostly) understand and which works well. I also have a Tivo (PVR) which has the ability to change channels on the box to which it is attached. Unfortunately Tivo cannot control Dbox as it uses an unusual Infa Red type (forget the name). I have also a MX500 universal remote, this controls everything - apart from Dbox.
So to my question, does anyone know if the Kryptview box uses "normal" IR? If it can be controlled by some sort of universal remote the answer would be yes. Anyone know? I will buy one and swap for my Dbox if Tivo can control it.

A lot of the Pace boxes used the weird IR system, Tivo brought out a convertor, contact Tivo and get one. Tell them you have a Pace 2000

A lot of the Pace boxes used the weird IR system, Tivo brought out a convertor, contact Tivo and get one. Tell them you have a Pace 2000

Thanks for your reply. You are absolutely correct in what you say. I do have a Tivo converter from when I used to have a Pace box, the Dbox, however uses a different type of IR signal. I was just hoping that the Kryptview uses a more conventional method which Tivo (and my universal remote) can control.

You will prob get more answers at the Tivo community web site but they do frown at us hackers

You will prob get more answers at the Tivo community web site but they do frown at us hackers

Ha Ha yes you're right. It is a fantastic forum / community of which I am a proud member but yes you are still correct! :proud:

Back