Kreon sh-d162 drives worth it?

jock

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys as im new to all this xbox stuff is the kreon dvd drives a must for copying games or can i just use any old dvd drive to copy a game onto my hdd?

hi guys as im new to all this xbox stuff is the kreon dvd drives a must for copying games or can i just use any old dvd drive to copy a game onto my hdd?

A sh-d162 drive with Kreon firmware is used to backup original 360 games.

You have to use a specific drive to do this and one of them is the sh-d162. Any old drive will not work I'm afraid

Kreon drives are well worth it mate. cheap on ebay as well and backing up original is quick and easy

Hi mate i just followed your link to the site you got your sh-d162. did it take long to arrive and have you managed to copy straight from originals as i am thinking of this myself. thanks in advance.

Why not just download them, they only take 40 minutes on a 20Mb connection.

Yay, another Coatbridge fella, we're slowly taking over. :)

unfortunately i stay wiv the gf's parents and they only have a 2mb connection so they take like 3 days man its torture...a had the 20mb wen i lived at home. do ou think its worth it?

I found that Kreon is good for older games that you can't get on the newsgroups. Usually my mates have a game and it's easier to just borrow the game and use Kreon then try and search for a HTTP(rapidshare) download. For new and pre-realease games I love newsgroups :)

Edit: Wooo 300 posts :)

yes definately worth it
hire the latest games from brickbuster £3 If return the same day copy to external hard drive with xbox backup creator and burn at leisure as many times as you want using Aones printable burning with Imgburn set at 2.4 write speed never had a fail yet, or buy brand new on flybay and open carefully copy then reseal and resell usually lose a few quid , but make sure them disks are perfect using old scratched discs you are gunner struggle reading them. I know this works perfect as some that I have burnt disks for have totally completed the games

Back