Kinship

If you mean genealogy, family tree, then yes I have done most of mine. Contrary to what I was led to believe, all my roots are Scottish so was able to find everything using Scotlandspeople.

Surely to feck in this day and age social services would be able to advice you on this? and help you come to the best solution for all parties.
Mate . They just brought the children down asked us to sign for them like they were delivering a tv . Stayed 20 mins said we will be back in 2 weeks . The kids came with basically the clothes on their backs .they didn't ask did we have beds for them to sleep in or could we afford to buy them . They took a look around and left . I'm not complaining about taking the kids but a little help to settle them in would have been better . 2 months later we have seen social services once .

Mate . They just brought the children down asked us to sign for them like they were delivering a tv . Stayed 20 mins said we will be back in 2 weeks . The kids came with basically the clothes on their backs .they didn't ask did we have beds for them to sleep in or could we afford to buy them . They took a look around and left . I'm not complaining about taking the kids but a little help to settle them in would have been better . 2 months later we have seen social services once .

Fukcing shocking, get on to the barstewards mate, kick up fcuk till someone comes to see you, tell them your contacting your MP/MSP and a lawyer...hope you get it sorted for the wee ones mate, keep us posted.

fostering would have been an option but as you have signed to something not sure how that stands
but i may be able to get the advice you need

fostering would have been an option but as you have signed to something not sure how that stands
but i may be able to get the advice you need
Be great mate . The advice I've been given has been mixed and all from people who have never been through this . Shock to the system though 2 Wee nippers running around the house .

speak to social work first if need help let me know will speak to my manager who should be helpful

would need to see what you signed up for obviously not on open forum cannot believe you cant get the support you need
but on going issue these days purely financial

I don't need the money mate . That's not the problem my problem is that there is a section 25 on this and I have no idea what it means even after reading it . Also we got a 9 page letter that is very long winded . Also the parents aren't allowed contact unless we agree and supervise it . I'm not trained to supervise anyone .

financial issue was meant from powers that be not personal wealth

An update on this . well 18 weeks into this we have a meeting next Thursday .looks like we will be taking over all parental rights . this has been a stressful time in our lives and and the childrens .social services could have dealt with it better . I have became very attached to these 2 wee monkeys. Like they are my own children . finally got a call from the area manager and we got everything sorted alimac you were right about the finance they have started to pay towards the boys keep . if anyone is ever put in this position don't think twice .the difference in these kids is amazing . the oldest has autism but is coming out of his shell and both are so affectionate . .anyway I moaned enough so I thought just for a change a good heart warming post .

@countryboy - I've only just seen your post from yersterday but read the rest from the start.
Good on you for taking these boys in! Need more people like you in this world.

Back