Kids off 3 weeks at easter

39 weeks in the year so have 13 weeks off and when I say off not in the class room they still do a lot of other stuff
Like a plenty of holidays, anyway read the thread
Kids off 3 weeks at Easter
We all have opinions on the matter and I don't doubt they work hard "when" they are there. I have to disagree that, in today's climate given what's gone on over the past 12 months that giving kids 2-3 weeks off at Easter is the correct decision considering how much schooling these kids have missed. Surely playing catch up is more important rather than been stuck back at home.
Then there's half term in 6 weeks then 6 weeks in the summer. Thats a possible 11 weeks off in 5 months ?. In other countries kids would be begging to be allowed to go to school and learn while here they get less and less schooling hours.
I'm not getting in a teacher debate I'll save that for another thread :) even though I mentioned them at the start, I would like to point out that my main gripe is how much schooling the kids of today are currently getting considering what's gone on.
Won't be long before the advocate a 3 day a week then we'll have a nation of kids thicker than Dirk Diggler's donger
Like I said earlier in the thread I'm not getting dragged into the teacher debate I'm on about kids. I've said my thoughts on them.
I'll say it once again kids need more education right now not holidays.

as said its not holidays its unpaid. teachers get paid for 9 months work not 12
pay them for 12 months and i am sure some would be happy to work it

I think you'll find alimac and avid slowly turned the thread from kids and holidays to teachers work hard not me.

Back