Key to outside cable box

snoopy2120

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi does any1 no were i can buy or get a key to open the green ntl box outside on the street so i can reconnect my ntl back up? cheers for feed back : multi :

and this is why all members should pay the minimum amount

because they will cut you off, and if you do get a key and seen opening the box you can get really into trouble

Yes you can get into trouble opening a green box, but if you have a high viz jacket on who is to know and as for the key it is only a 6mm x 6mm square male socket

LOL i dont think you would ever be able to work out what to do in one of them. have you ever seen inside one? Its a jungle

Me and some mates tried to find someones house once but there are roo many wires lol

must agree with the sentiment about paying them at least something - I admittedly got connected and then canx within the 30 days

However, I've gone with them for broadband now (i dont need a phone).

Gutted over losing my tea time simpsons though...

I wouldn't advise anyone to go messing around in these cabinets. To save a tenner a month its simply not worth the potential risks involved !

How will you know you're in the right box anyway???
Our engineer went to 2 boxes before he found the right 1.
Turns out i'm cabled up to a box in the next street!!!!

Not worth the risk if you ask me
Give them an inch.........but take a mile!!! :eater:

LOL i dont think you would ever be able to work out what to do in one of them. have you ever seen inside one? Its a jungle

Me and some mates tried to find someones house once but there are roo many wires lol

I managed to look inside one of them when I called an engineer round to fix a problem with my broadband connection. Each wire has tags on them displaying the door number. So I'd imagine you'd have to find the feed with your door number on and just screw it on but its not advised. Just take out a sub of some sort.

Dont do it

would advise against opening the green box there is 415V in there and also Dr Who's mates lives in them

I wouldn't advise anyone to go messing around in these cabinets. To save a tenner a month its simply not worth the potential risks involved !

Ya, at least leave them a chance to get some money, otherwise nobody is going to maintain the system..... : shocked2.... But NOT keep changing the code......

I managed to look inside one of them when I called an engineer round to fix a problem with my broadband connection. Each wire has tags on them displaying the door number. So I'd imagine you'd have to find the feed with your door number on and just screw it on but its not advised. Just take out a sub of some sort.

If the cable keeps being reconnected, they might be suspicious and come to knock the door.... It just maybe..... Who knows :confused: ????

Back