kein system

jim.son

Inactive User
Reaction score
bad flash
i used fxp to flash with Sportster2005_2x[1] x4 files from a disc i got with the box but it all went wrong
seemed to flash ok then when i was about to sort the channels ithe box switched of and when it came back on it only went to the 1st screen KEIN SYSTEM i have tried all i hve read on the other pages about this but nothing seems to work can anyone help me
nokia dbox2
2x intel chips
cat 5 xover fitted
null modem fitted
i have downloaded more 2xl images but i'm not sure if i have been using them as i should so any help would be appreciated.

Seems like you done it right, probably just a bad day.
Look in the downloads section for IFA and the IFA tutorial, both of which will help you get rid of the kein system problem.

Liam

done all that set my network card 10 half duplex and tried full switched of firewall and antivirus ran the Mediasensing tool although i still get the bubble saying network cable unplugged dont know what i'm doing wrong

try to power up the box till it goes as far as the dreaded message with your network cable plugged in both tour box and network card. if the bubble then goes then continue as normal run ifa select image,select network card,select use a null modem cable then hit start when you get the pop ub about 2mins on the end press in the power and up buttons on the front of the box till the lcd goes off then let go and see if ifa kicks in

i nver changed my network card settings except ip address it takes max of 5 mins to do a flash with crossover cable.

@totalguy
Some network cards work with autosense enabled but
some you have to have 10baseT_halfduplex enabled
Just depends on the card.

tried several settings on my net card have 1 fitted & 1 built onto the board tried both no change.

check you have done all this
including note 5
1.Install IFA in to C:/ and Add IFA to the exceptions in windows firewall,then turn the firewall off,
2.Disable ALL antivirus programs...If you have any Norton crapware disable worm blocking aswell....you might even have to unistall it this includes systemworks aswell
3.Disable any popup stoppers.
4.Give your pc network card a static ip.
IE:pC ip:192.168.1.201
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
set to 10baseT_halfduplex
5.Disable any other network cards you have installed including wireless
6.Ethernet crossover cable connected
7.Nullmodem cable connected
8.Turn off box,
9.Put Image in C:/
10.Start IFA
11.Select networkcard
12.Tick nullmodem
13.Select image in C:/
14.Press ok if it goes to a comm window turn on the box.
15.If you dont get flashing in the lcd on the box then something is still blocking the network
Hope this helps.

@jim.son if you have 2 network cards just make sure you disable the one that you dont wish to use. post the flash log mate

using the right card switching the other of,
still nothing.
could it be the images i've tried, i've unpacked them overwriting with the next hope this is the right way.

Fergalsworld said:
@totalguy
Some network cards work with autosense enabled but
some you have to have 10baseT_halfduplex enabled
Just depends on the card.

mine is full duplex and set to it

jim.son said:
using the right card switching the other of,
still nothing.
could it be the images i've tried, i've unpacked them overwriting with the next hope this is the right way.

You only have to extract the first rar file of the set of 4
it does the rest for you.

sorry im just skipping to the end - if youre using xp start it in safe mode - use the ifa2 version cos once it starts working you wont need the com port as the dbox screen will tell all - i tried for 3 night solid and i found that in the end there were 2 fixes for me safe mode in xp or a clean build in 2000.....have a crack at that....

many thanks to everybody who tried to help me i got it in the end tried everything mentioned when i loaded ifa2 on normal mode not safemode it worked 1st time
i had
deleted norton switched of firewalls & network cards & everything i was told and it worked
cheers everybody

i have norton had no problems flashing with it running maybe its just some peoples computers as also i dont use firewalls they are a pain in the arse!! viruses dont worry me even though they rarely come to any of our pc's to attack

Back