kein system

beckam7

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a sagem 1 chip with i chip sportster image working fine for about a month, all of a suden wont boot up, kein system error showing. i got around prob by reflashing image again. what i want to know is why i got the kein error, i thought this only occured if you flashed wrong image to start with eg. 1 x image on 2x image box or 2x image on 1x image box, or is there another reason or reasons you get kein on working boxes.

beckam7 said:
I have a sagem 1 chip with i chip sportster image working fine for about a month, all of a suden wont boot up, kein system error showing. i got around prob by reflashing image again. what i want to know is why i got the kein error, i thought this only occured if you flashed wrong image to start with eg. 1 x image on 2x image box or 2x image on 1x image box, or is there another reason or reasons you get kein on working boxes.

hi m8 at the top is a word called search and if you put your problem in there it comes up with lots and lots of things for you

you need to read through them as this has been talked about and talked about

just look what happens when you put it in the search m8
here

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/search.php?searchid=29447

the search is the first place that you should look and if you cant find it then post your problem m8 as it is really a waste of time going through everything again m8

cheers

cheers

Hi Gav, i did read most of those posts before i made my post, and from what i can see you should only get kein system when u use wrong image, but this box has been working fine with right image on, so why get kein system now.

You get kein system if the bootloader cannot find valid datas for booting up a os on the box.
It looks like a byte or more lost their contents in the flash memory.

Thanks 4 the info gav. Im okay fixing these probs but nice to know why they happen. cheers.

beckam7 said:
Thanks 4 the info gav. Im okay fixing these probs but nice to know why they happen. cheers.

look at mgb's post m8 above

i wasnt being out of order m8 just pointing some facts thats all m8

cheers

I understand where ur coming from Gav, and thanks Mgb for the info.

Back