kein system. help needed!!!!!!!!

ob1knobi

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, got a nokia dbox2 thought it would be easy as was in debug mode etc.. tried to flash it using liams 20 page tut. but did'nt have null medem cable. anyway done something wrong comes up with the dreaded kein system, read about holding up and standby buttons etc.. manage to get it to the five bars don't know what to do from here to flash it. cant check ip. now but have previous before flash attempt. used ifa with null cable but no luck! any help appreciated. newbie so simple instuctions please. thanks

p.s. box has 2x intel chipset and live in bradford. west yorkshire.

hi when u get kien system it means u flased it with wrong image 1x or 2 x

hi, to be honest i thought i used a 2x image downloaded form here but i might have been mistaken not sure any ideas to get it going again. thanks

yes m8
you need to download ifa from the downloads ection then u need the nexgen 1x image

send me you email in a pm ill talk u thru on msm if ya like

if thats the image i need then i must have got it wrong as i'm sure i flashed 2x as it 2x inte chips, i have got ifa already do i just dowload next gen1x image and flash again using this.

ok but thats what it will be u probably downloaded wrong image ok m8

hi, leespeed just mailed you my email have you got it mate.

if you've got a nokia box mate you'll nedd a 2x image not a 1x image as leespeed said. also the only way out of kien system is to use ifa. it's better if you use a null modem cable so you can see what happening in the com terminal

got a null modem cable tried to flash with next gen 2x using ifa but no luck just getting mostly boot net failed, then error with aphrase in german finishing like this 'resetton sie die dbox fur einen erneuten versuch' any ideas where i'm going wrong, a little help pleeeeeeease!!!!!

I think that german message is just telling you to restart the box.
"boot net failed" USUALLY means that something is blocking the connection.

Remember you must disable all firewalls/antivirus software otherwise it wont work.

Liam

Back